Options

Actual Router and Switch Model #'s depicted on -801

David_HXDavid_HX Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am currently studying to renew my CCNA having since (5 years ago) passed the -507 only missing (1) WAN question.

The -801 seems to cover most of the same matl. and network concepts with the possible ommission of the Novell SPX/IPX stuff and the addition of some items taken from the CCNP exam. (OSPF, NAT/PAT, etc.)

What I would like to know, if anyone here *really* knows, is which model numbers Routers and Switches are depicted on the exam Sims.

This is important simply to study the IOS command syntax used since the 1900 (which was used on the previous -507 exam) has become obsolete and seems to have been replaced by the 2950.

Also...............

On the -801 exam itself, if you enter an incorrect command syntax, does the Sim give the same responce as a real Router or Switch would , or does the exam Sim accept it (erroniously) and allow you to continue, thus failing the Sim question ?

David

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Mainly the 2600 routers and 2950 switches. The 1900 is indeed not very valuable when preparing for the current CCNA exam, but a couple of good old 2500 routers are still very useful.

The sims are not stupid ;) in other words, they will not accept incorrect commands. Read the following topic for more unveiling information about the sims:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7268
  • Options
    EricOEricO Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The -801 seems to cover most of the same matl. and network concepts with the possible ommission of the Novell SPX/IPX stuff and the addition of some items taken from the CCNP exam. (OSPF, NAT/PAT, etc.)

I, like you, took the 507 a few years back. ( I believe it was in 2000). I did well on the test then, but this new material deserves more than a casual glance. It would be worthwhile to have the latest cisco press study kit on hand. With the advent of Gigabit ethernet, 802.1q trunking, and the level of detailed attention put into configuring routing protocols the exam is night and day from what it was. I suppose what I am trying to say is : Give yourself some time to study, much has changed.

I have passed all of the tests for my ccsp, and it turns out I waited to late to use them to re-up my ccna. I have decided to cut mine up into the two exam route. I took the intro exam on friday and I feel like I did well on it (94icon_cool.gif, and I have the ICND scheduled for a week from this Friday.

Best of luck to you.