OSCE - what do you need to know before taking this class?

uyen_nguyenuyen_nguyen Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all, I am concerning about cracking the perimeter course by Offensive Security and later OSCE certification (if I can tolerant 48 hours and have a good ability). So far, I know
1. C, C++
2. Assembly Language
3. Python
4. Perl
5. Javascript.
6. Ruby
7. PHP
8. bash
and know reverse engineering, malware analysis. Which additional things do I need to know in advance before I take Cracking the perimeter course to understand the class content?
Thank you in advance.
English is my second language. My apology for my grammar errors.

Comments

• YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    How well do you know these subjects? Have you taken the OSCP course? Do you have work experience involving editing/writing exploits?
  • ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    Hello all, I am concerning about cracking the perimeter course by Offensive Security and later OSCE certification (if I can tolerant 48 hours and have a good ability). So far, I know
    1. C, C++
    2. Assembly Language
    3. Python
    4. Perl
    5. Javascript.
    6. Ruby
    7. PHP
    8. bash
    and know reverse engineering, malware analysis. Which additional things do I need to know in advance before I take Cracking the perimeter course to understand the class content?
    Thank you in advance.

You definitely do know more than the basics...I'd dare to say you are ready for it.
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    id suggest taking the off sec wireless pro cert first

looking at the specs of the wireless test it looks like the entry one (none are really entry but ya know what im going at)
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • uyen_nguyenuyen_nguyen Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    id suggest taking the off sec wireless pro cert first

looking at the specs of the wireless test it looks like the entry one (none are really entry but ya know what im going at)

Thank you for your suggesting, but as I already have GAWN (Auditing the Wireless Network) so I think OSWF will be a duplication. OSWF is a nice cert to have so I will think about it when I have free time. :)
    How well do you know these subjects? Have you taken the OSCP course? Do you have work experience involving editing/writing exploits?

I do the pen test and audit for living. I haven't taken the OSCP course yet as I am doing the GWAPT cert. For the exploitation, im okay at it, not master but not a newbie.
    @ipchain: which languages above do I need to strongly focus for prerequisites? and are there any additional skills I do need to acquaint ? Thank you ipchain
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If that's the case, I would definitely take the course.
  • ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    @ipchain: which languages above do I need to strongly focus for prerequisites? and are there any additional skills I do need to acquaint ? Thank you ipchain

Assembly, PHP, Python, Bash <- in that order.
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
    Thank you ipchain, I have to reenforce my brain again and hopefully I can take it before this Christmas. OSCE is so awesome to have.