Two months for 293, 294, 297

phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
Despite the hoopla on the new mcsa/mcse/cloud certs, I'm still pursuing good ole mcse:2003. All I need is 293, 294, and 297. I figure with my experience and knowledge I can pass 293 by the end of April, 294 by Mid-May, and 297 by the end of May. I know this may seem unrealistic but it's a personal challenge I've given myself. Work is paying for all testing, even the new mcsa/mcse/cloud crap. Happy days.

Comments

• pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good luck.
    God deserves my best
  • DirtyWillyDirtyWilly Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck, took me 4 to do 293 alone. I think the recommendation is 6 months for 293.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck with this. I think with your skills, you should be fine. The 293 is similar to the 291, but is more design-related. 294 wasn't bad either.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yeah, the only thing I dont do much of is security templates and certificates so I'm hitting those sections the hardest.
  • ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
    I too want to achieve the MCSE in 2 months. I have 294 & 298 to complete before moving to MCITP.
    The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".
    So far so good. Only thing I'm not a big fan of is rras since I've never really used it in a production environment.
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    But what are you going to do with the other month?
    Claymoore wrote: »
    But what are you going to do with the other month?

I guess I meant to say 1.5 months.

I've been successfully getting 85% average on practice tests. So far my biggest weakness is PKI, I just don't have enough exposure to it. Of course my biggest strength is networking (thank you cisco!)

Today is my last day of study, then it is go time tomorrow at 8:30! KCCO :)
    Let us know how it goes, don't give up! I'm moving onto 294 shortly.
    DirtyWilly wrote: »
    Let us know how it goes, don't give up! I'm moving onto 294 shortly.

I passed it on Monday, already working on 294.
    Grats! I just passed Security+ so that should give me my MCSA:2003. Gonna start on 294 now.
    Grats! I just passed Security+ so that should give me my MCSA:2003. Gonna start on 294 now.

Congrats! Depending on how well you know group policy, 294 will be a breeze. I find that all the topics that I have gone through I am very familiar with already. So far the only exception is modifying AD schema.
  • taiwoone@hotmail.comtaiwoone@hotmail.com Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I feel ya bro... I'm in the same boat as ya, even though I changed into IT career just last year without no previous experience whatsoever, God help me !
    Passed 294 this morning with an 820, on to 297!
    Grats man! Any study tips, I'm still on the MS Press for 294. Any other study sources? Why the 297 over 298?
    Grats man! Any study tips, I'm still on the MS Press for 294. Any other study sources? Why the 297 over 298?

Why 297 over 298? Because I hate CA stuff :)

For 294, make sure you're confident with AD. Without violating nda, can't really go into much more.
  • luckyneoluckyneo Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Phoeneous

How's the 297 coming on. I finally got through the 70-294 this morning and I am going to start the 297 after a weekend off....

Are you taking the usual approach to this one i.e trainsignals Cbt nuggets etc? I have a MS press book for this although I have heard this exam is slightly differrent to the others all based on case studies....

Any way good luck and thanks you have helpped push me on to get this MCSE completed...

Cheers
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Good luck!
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

luckyneo wrote: »
    Hi Phoeneous

How's the 297 coming on. I finally got through the 70-294 this morning and I am going to start the 297 after a weekend off....

Are you taking the usual approach to this one i.e trainsignals Cbt nuggets etc? I have a MS press book for this although I have heard this exam is slightly differrent to the others all based on case studies....

Any way good luck and thanks you have helpped push me on to get this MCSE completed...

Cheers

I keep going back and forth between 297 and 298, I don't know which one to take...
    Yeah I got a bit scared and looked at the 298 exam but think I am going to stick with 297 more to do with the fact I have the study materials than anything I am going to be tough on my self and try and get through this exam in two to three weeks as so close to the end of MCSE now.... good luck with which everone you go for
    So study for the last exam in this track is going ok... I think I might be in a possition to sit the exam at the end of next week.... fingers crossed.

The material in Nuggets for this exam looks mostly like a repeat of sections from 291, 293 and 294 with a bit of NT upgrade chucked in for good mesaure. I am really weak on the NT4 stuff as my exposure was limited to NT4. Bit concerened about the case study style exam but oh well lets give it a go.........

I am really keen to get this exam wrapped up and finally complete my MCSE!
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck on the next test!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
    luckyneo wrote: »
    So study for the last exam in this track is going ok... I think I might be in a possition to sit the exam at the end of next week.... fingers crossed.

The material in Nuggets for this exam looks mostly like a repeat of sections from 291, 293 and 294 with a bit of NT upgrade chucked in for good mesaure. I am really weak on the NT4 stuff as my exposure was limited to NT4. Bit concerened about the case study style exam but oh well lets give it a go.........

I am really keen to get this exam wrapped up and finally complete my MCSE!

Yeah, I decided on 297. I really, really enjoyed 294 and since networking is my strongpoint I think I will fare better with 297 than 298. I just scheduled it for August 24th.

I can't believe this is the last one!
    So just sat the final exam to complete my MCSE 2003 having started down this road four years ago.... Man where did that time go

Sat the 70-297 exam this morning having used CBT nuggets and Sybex study book...

Finding users on this site still chasing the MCSE 2003 convinced me to complete it cheers guys

All the best if you are still going for it....

What to do know that is the question...... :)
    Congrats!! So when are you going to upgrade, since everything should be fresh :)
    God deserves my best
    I was aiming to do the whole Enterprise Administrator route some 18 months ago but renewing my CCNA and completing the MCSE took me a bit longer than I had original planed.

From what I can work out I think my best option is to do the 70-648 upgrade exam and then do the 70-646 Server Administrator exam. I think this will give me MCITP SA and MCSA 2008 and from there I can then look at the 2012 Certs although to be honest they wont get in to my current work environment for years. But whilst im in the mood to study I might try and get them done the older I get the harder it gets to study....

I am really keen to do these quickly as you say whilst the information is fresh and I am on a role with it. I have done two exams in the last three months and they have taken a lot of my time. I am going to take a week off and then look at 70-648 although I have already set up a lad with 2008R2 ready to go...

Would love to to get the upgrade to 2008 done by Nov 2012 (6 weeks per exam)
    Sounds doable, good luck. I'm trying to complete 70-680 by that time as well, would like Christmas to be study free.
    God deserves my best
    I failed 297 this morning icon_sad.gif
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    phoeneous wrote: »
    I failed 297 this morning icon_sad.gif

KCCO fellow Chiver!!!!!!!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
    Ah Man that sucks..... Are you going to retake it your so close to the finish