Its time for the 70-640.

poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
Looking for any final input and encouragement so forgive the probably repetitive title.

I will be sitting for my 70-640 exam this Saturday. I'm taking the Friday before off as a study/relax day to mentally prepare.

I feel fairly welll prepared, I have read the MS Press 70-640 book on Server 2008 twice (note not R2, just 2008 - my company had a copy), I have sat through training for both the 6425 and the 6426, I have read at least half of the Sybex book, and I have passed practice exams numerous times through Crammaster (New Horizons provided it for me). To say the least I've been religious about my preparation. I have labbed like you would not believe and I actually do some of this as part of my profession.

I'm kind of to the spot where I'm trying to hone in on DNS, CS, RMS, and FS as those seem to be the area's I'm least comfortable in. I'll be studying them heavily over the next few days and reading through some of the 70-642 material I have as I hear it can help with some of the DNS stuff.

Wish me luck!
2019 Goals: Security+
2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT

Comments

• Lucas21Lucas21 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • gster70gster70 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck, that is a hard test
  • embraceITembraceIT Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Break a leg. I hope to be following in your footsteps soon enough. Want to get through the 70-685 first.
  • ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good luck. My biggest problem with exams is always the last minute nerves when I feel like I know nothing lol......don't overthink it and it should be ok.
  • LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck and let us know how you do.
    Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+