Book Recommendation

SRTMCSESRTMCSE Member Posts: 249
Anybody have any recommendations? I'm currently using the Cisco press library for INTRO and ICND. I was talking to a buddy of mine who still works for a testing center and he told me the tests got a bit harder since the books I have were printed. Should I just buy the new edition of the Cisco press or are there any other good ones?

I heard the Exam prep CCNA book is good (well he may have recommended it b/c he worked on the book doin editing, LOL).

Anyone know where I can purchase some lab manuals for use with real routers, I've been purchasing a few as I can (currently got a 2520, 1720, and 1601R).

Thanks,

Greg

Comments

• NoodsNoods Member Posts: 168
    Cisco Press worked fine for me along with my home based lab. Best bet for guides is Ebay.
  • JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    I'll recommend sybex 5th edition
  • qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    Jiggsaww wrote:
    I'll recommend sybex 5th edition

I agree, this book has a good approach to subnetting. I've read numerous books, but I found this one quite easy to understand the most. As long as you take it seriously and follow it. (ie. It shows you how to do it, next you do it, then after he tells you the answer.)
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i used the sybex book, it lacks in certain areas i would direct you to cisco press.. also the cisco learning site

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/PrepCenter?page=main
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    SRTMCSE wrote:
    Anyone know where I can purchase some lab manuals for use with real routers, I've been purchasing a few as I can (currently got a 2520, 1720, and 1601R).
    The Cisco Press Practical Studies books are a good place to start for some hands on work.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • JustSradJustSrad Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone used the book" Fast Pass" ? Is the book highly recommended?

Thanks.
  • CertsPlzCertsPlz Inactive Imported Users Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i wouldnt recommend it, its jus like the study guide except that they brealk it down based on the objectives and somethings are left out so i would jus stick to the study guide
    formerly badboyziggy
  • EricOEricO Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cisco Press was all I needed.......
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    On all my Cisco exams, I use Sybex and CiscoPress. When it comes to Cisco, I never use just one book. They all miss one thing or another....or they focus in different areas.

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA