Retake Time Period

ShawnnaShawnna Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm going to take the CCNA this weekend and if I don't pass I need to figure out how soon I can take it again. Since I have a goal of being certified in a month or less and I'm about mostly ready I figure I have a good chance of passing this weekend but I'm curious so in case I don't I would like to know how soon after I would be able to take the exam again?

Also I would like to take the full exam vs. the two part exam-any opinions or experience with this? Please let me know, any feedback would be helpful. Thank you!!!! :)
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

-Albert Einstein

Comments

• ubergeekubergeek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think there would be a week (or two days I can't really remember) for you to retake the exam in case you fail it, but hopefully you pass on your first try :D anyway, if you are really prepared in taking up the CCNA exam I would recommend going straight for the 801 exam, but if not then you could take INTRO first before taking up ICND, it would just cost more because of the 2 exams you have to take. A friend of mine recently took the CCNA exam (801) and passed on his first try. Told me that be ready for some VLAN, RIP, EIGRP, basic OSPF for the simulations and some subnetting too.
    Thank you for calling Cisco Technical Assistance Center.. This is Edward how may I help you?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    From the Cisco Web Site, last updated November 2005:
    "Candidates who fail an exam must wait a period of five (5) calendar days, beginning the day after the failed attempt, before they may retest for the same exam."

I vote go for the single test -- worst case its a learning experience.

Watch the time on the test. Don't spend more than 10 minutes on a sim. Know subnetting cold. Read those tricky Cisco questions carefully, and all of the answers, and then reread the question again before picking the correct answer(s).

Good Luck.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • ShawnnaShawnna Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you so much for the information, it helps a lot. I have the subnetting down for the most part but when they give an ip then do the /8 or number there it kind of throws me because I'm used to seeing it written differently I guess. I'm going to go over things this week, a lot more tonight and on the way to work on Bart, at lunch, on breaks and on the way home on Bart before I get home and change and study some more.... I'm sure I'm going to have more questions. Thank you for all your help. I'm definitely going for the one test. Just go for the touchdown..... :D Thank you!
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

-Albert Einstein
  • JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    know VLANs STP inside out......i got a lot of questions on these type of questions......from d sounds of it maybe u might want 2 go over subnettin also :) don't worry you will pass!