Options

CCNA for a MBA working in a global carrier

MVRaghuramanMVRaghuraman Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
How effective will a CCNA certification be for a MBA working as Key Account Manager working for a global carrier with major strength in Managed Services space(MPLS).Will it be of great use for my upward professional growth?Please comment and contribute to this general query?

Comments

• Options
    mwgoodmwgood Member Posts: 293
    I don't understand why you would want a CCNA if you are working as a Key Account Manager.

Will you be working with Cisco routers and switches - or are you looking for a career change?

If you are looking for general IT knowledge regarding networking that will help you in your current line of work, then I'd suggest studying the Network+ material.

Also, if you review the contents of the CCNA material - that would probably give you a better idea of it's usefulness to you than anyone else can do.
  • Options
    Thanks a million for your inputs.

Iam looking at this as a platform for something very long term.With my knowledge about global carriers and various solutions, I felt I would be better placed to get into either a consultancy later on or something like techno commercial position with a carrier at some later point(i.e Pre Sales).

My concern about this is will it be too much for me????I have an engineering degree in Communication wherein I have gone through the basics of Networking.Other than that I have tried reading everything about networking.I thought this would give me a Micro view of the basics of my field along with the Macro view Iam currently getting on a day to day basis on the job.

Kindly comment on the same.Please do recommend something which will be handy to me for learning more about Networking and even something about MPLS solutions which is getting to be the biggest.Please comment and voice your opinions.
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hello,

there are cisco certification focusing on pre-sales/post-sales also.
    just check to the web site.
    but if you want to get in depth with the technology inside-out - be my guest to pursue the CCNA and then CCIP - it will help you to provide deeper analysis.

cheers...
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    Thanks

Can you pls tell me in detail about Cisco for Pre-Sales?

I want to get more into techno-commercial consultative pattern.So I believe some hands -on expertise with the routers would come in handy.

Kindly let me know more details about Cisco certifications or materials for Pre-Sales.

Do you think it is better than taking a CCNA certification?Iam presently based in Chennai,India.

Pls comment.