SSCP and Endorsement

KeenerKeener Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
I finally have my SSCP exam scheduled for Friday, August 24th. I am confident I will pass the first time. However, I do not know anyone that has their certification (other than on here) that could endorse me. What have others done in this situation? Submit all the information to ISC2 and go have them "audit" everything? Have someone on here go through to verify everything? Something I am missing? I just wanted to see what the best options were. Thanks in advance.
Pain is only temporary. No matter how bad it gets, it always ends!

Comments

• TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    Keener wrote: »
    I finally have my SSCP exam scheduled for Friday, August 24th. I am confident I will pass the first time. However, I do not know anyone that has their certification (other than on here) that could endorse me. What have others done in this situation? Submit all the information to ISC2 and go have them "audit" everything? Have someone on here go through to verify everything? Something I am missing? I just wanted to see what the best options were. Thanks in advance.

You can do either, someone on here that has the credential can endorse you, it just depends on that person. In my opinion, I would have ISC(2) audit everything, all they are going to do is request your resume and call your current and previous employers for verification. See I hate relying on people, people say one thing and do another, I don't have patience for that, thats why I would go the ISC(2) route.
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • KeenerKeener Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Makes sense. I agree with relying on other people sometimes, but then I am not a big fan of waiting the 4-6 weeks either. At least I am taking the CBT so it is only 1 time of waiting for the "findings!" LOL

Thanks again.
    Pain is only temporary. No matter how bad it gets, it always ends!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Having the (ISC)2 endorse (audit) your certification application is how every (ISC)2 certification was handled prior to the introduction of peer endorsement several years ago. Other than the (possible) extra waiting time there's no downside to going that route.