Options

How good are the Measure Up practice exams?

LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
How good are the Measure Up practice exams that come with the Microsoft Self-Paced study book for 2008 R2? This weekend I am going to get the Transcender practice exams, but I am curious how others feel about the Measure Up practice tests. In the Configuring and Maintaining AD Objects section, I am getting mid-80's on the practice tests. I am feeling much more comfortable with the information, but wondered if the Measure Up practice tests are close to what I might experience with the real exam.

Thanks!
Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
Currently Working On: Security+
2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Past experience proved them to be really horrible.

Many judge their skills off of practice tests and fail. Judge yourself based on your learning style. Mine is to make sure I can re-phrase 2008 topics in my own words, their general purpose, and what I would click in order to perform said task. Microsoft seems to be pushing a lot harder on the "hands on"/"know scenarios" knowledge of the tests.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    Thanks Mishra!

• Options
    Wilson502Wilson502 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ya if your depending on the practice tests as a measure of your readiness, than youll find out the hard way like i did. Technet and labbing are your best friends.
    Currently Studying: MCITP:SA, B.S. Business Administration with Focus in Computer Info Systems, Cal State Fresno
    Degree Completion: Spring 2013
    Future Studies: MCITP:EA, MCSE 2012, CCNA/CCNP, VCP5, Security+, Linux+, SQL
  • Options
    kanecainkanecain Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I second the opinions on MeasureUp. I didn't have a good experience with them on 70-680, but some people I know swear by them.
    WGU - Bachelors of Science - Information Security
    Start Date: Jan. 1st, 2012
    Courses:
    Done!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses. I'm getting Transcender this week, so I think I'll be in good shape. I've used them in the past and had great results from them.

I am also reading a lot of Technet articles on the items I am studying at the time, but haven't been labbing as much lately. I'm working on a study schedule right now to get more lab time in because I know it's vital.

Thanks again!

• Options
    Wilson502Wilson502 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used selftest (which is the same test engine as transcender and cheaper), and even if your averaging 80s to 100 percent on the tests, you still need to heavily supplement with labs and technet. All of the exam material is basically all there on technet.
    Currently Studying: MCITP:SA, B.S. Business Administration with Focus in Computer Info Systems, Cal State Fresno
    Degree Completion: Spring 2013
    Future Studies: MCITP:EA, MCSE 2012, CCNA/CCNP, VCP5, Security+, Linux+, SQL
  • Options
    Thanks; I am adding daily labs to my study schedule. As long as I am in a specific subject, for instance right now it's DNS, I will lab it every day. I learn best by repetition and hands-on, which the labs provide.

I have also started going through Technet and printing out a lot of the material to add to my studies. Tt' amazing the level of information it provides.

• Options
    MonsiboMonsibo Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I wasted my money and my time. Total disaster. In the real exam, I felt totally lost. Different questions, differents topics. PLease, don't buy.
  • Options
    PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They're supposed to be different questions.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE