Passed 70-646 today

UhtredUhtred Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed 70-646 today with a score of 868. icon_cheers.gif

It's the first exam I've taken where the testlets have been used. They certainly separate the wheat from the chaff!

I used the 2nd Edition MS Press Book and CBT nuggets as study materials.

Onto CCNA!

Comments

• kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass. That is a great score.
  • Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
    Congratulations and make sure you get the CBT Nuggets for CCNA as well.. You will love it!
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Testlets are fun aren't they? Gobs and gobs of info that may or may not have anything to do with your question at all lol.
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • xbuzzxbuzz Member Posts: 122
    Congrats!

Take a look at INE website, they are giving their CCNA course for free now, it's probably the best video series. I've watched CBTNuggets for both CCNA and 70-640. The 70-640 CBTNugget is ALOT more indepth than the CCNA one. However it is excellent introduction to the concept and he teaches the command line very well.

I would watch CBT Nuggets series, then INE series, then get Wendell Odoms books (the most detailed CCNA source) and you're set. GL.
  • DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Congrats on the pass!
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz!!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What are testlets?

Congrats on the pass, I hope to join you in a few weeks.
    Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+

• netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How hard was it in relation to the 70-642 and 70-640 tests? The 640 was miserable for me.
  • _Marauder_Marauder Member Posts: 132 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • UhtredUhtred Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the upgrade exam, so I'm not too sure about 70-640 but the 70-646 was a B*TCH compared to 70-648.

I think that's because the upgrade was largely refreshing what I already knew. The exam style was different with the testlets in 70-646 which added some analytical skills into the mix.

I think with all exams though, make sure you know the course material and you'll be fine.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing!

@Lunchbocks - Testlets are mini-tests in the exam. Each is timed separately and has a varying amount of questions based off of a scenario. They are usually found on design exams.
  • EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Grats on the pass!
  • pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    Completely agree with Uhtred, the Testlets were challenging to say the least.

Reading through pages and pages of information knowing fully well that one line can change your answer completely was well "whew"

Moreover once you finish the Testlets and start another question/testlet you can't go back!!!!
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • EqmmickeyEqmmickey Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats on passing. I know you feel a sense of relief!!! :)