Do I need....

jiggy79jiggy79 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a quick question. I currently have the 600 series A+ book. Can I use this book to pass the 700 series for A+ to obtained a certification. Is the 600 series A+ still available to take and pass to be certified?

Comments

• YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    No, I don't recommend using the 600-series book to take the 700 exam.

Also, the 600-series exam is retired.

Edited after I read your post again, sorry.
  • MrPuzzlezMrPuzzlez Member Posts: 89 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I saw that Comptia is going to release the 800 series objectives soon. What's new about it?
  • jiggy79jiggy79 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    YFZblu,

Thank you for the quick response. Man times flies. Guess its time to look for a 700 series book or maybe a 800 series book.
  • LaduLaserLaduLaser Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1. The toubleshooting steps have been completely re-vamped with the 700 series. You will answer a few questions on the test incorrectly if you go by what was written in the old 600 series books on troubleshooting. So I would recommend strongly against using old books.
    2. 800 series is coming out this fall. Unless your employer is pushing you to get it, I'ld wait a few months to take it.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    jiggy79 wrote: »
    I have a quick question. I currently have the 600 series A+ book. Can I use this book to pass the 700 series for A+ to obtained a certification. Is the 600 series A+ still available to take and pass to be certified?

Can you use it to pass? Probably.

You need experience, a copy of the objectives and the ability to learn the things you don't know. If you can obtain current material, by all means, that makes sense, but the 'old' book isn't a complete waste as some may have you believe. The current copy of the objectives will help guide you to focus on the topics there were new (and those removed) so invest your time on the topics in the text that are still on the exam...research the rest.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    What books do you guys and gals recommend that I get to study for this exam. I plan to go to Fry's Electronics or Amazon or Barnes and Nobles to make my purchase. Thanks in advanced.
  • Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    I would suggest A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide by Mike Meyers, Exam Cram CompTIA A+ Practice Questions Exam Cram , and Professor Messers Videos (Professor Messer, CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Linux, Microsoft Certification Training)
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
    Thank you Patel128. Plantwiz I definitely have experience in the IT World but know that I need brush up on my material. I haven't thrown away the book so I'll look over that again. Thanks