pent test tools free

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
hey guys
do you all know of any free (yup i said free) haah. pent test tools..I like to pent test after I do any configs
to my dmz and vpn stuff.
thanks mates!
icon_thumright.gificon_cool.gif

Comments

• paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I assume you are asking about network and system pentest tools. If so, I suggest Metasploit which is opensource.
  • thegoodbyethegoodbye Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Are you sure you don't mean vulnerability assessments? If so, I'd take a look at Nexpose Community Edition.
  • chaser7783chaser7783 Member Posts: 154
    Load backtrack into a VM and you are good to go. It has multiple vulnerabilities assessment tools packaged within.
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    +1 for BackTrack...I've used it for years and you can find tutorials on YouTube icon_wink.gif
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • tecketecke Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    +2 for Backtrack
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    +3 for BT
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    +4 for BT
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    you guys crack me up! backtrack will look into this haah thanks men!
    you guys are supericon_cheers.gif
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Are you sure that it's a pentest that you would actually want to perform?

To @thegoodbye's point, performing a vulnerability assessment is probably a lot more appropriate based on your description. Backtrack is a superb Linux distribution but it didn't sound like you were looking for an OS distribution that contains an arsenal of penetration testing tools. Even with Backtrack, you will still need to decide which tool/application you want to actually use to conduct an assessment of your configuration changes and the security posture of your DMZ.
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thanks paul78 yep you are right I do have to do what you mentioned thanks man!