Passed Sec+ SY0-301

MichaelRMichaelR Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all, I passed the Sec+ SY0-301 last week. 860/900 I studied with the Darril Gibson book and the SY0-301 Sec+ Cert guide. Both these books are excellent and easy to understand. Did all questions in both books and purchased premium digital content from Pearson. 70% off coupon in book sleeve. If you use these two books to study you just can't fail. Good luck to all of you! Michael Note: I enrolled at WGU after reading a lot of good posts on this forum. I start Jan. 1. You all have inspired me to learn learn learn. Hopefully I will get a job in the tech field someday. Thanks everyone!

Comments

• kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    Congrats on the pass! I think you listed the exam code for Net+ though :)

If you don't start til Jan.1 you have A LOT of time to do self learning. I don't know if you have any transfer credits, but if you spent the next 4.5months learning on your own you could really fly through the program once you start.
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU
  • MichaelRMichaelR Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Test number fixed. Thanks kgb. About WGU, I will get credit for the Comptia Certs and some of the classes will be waived. I'm not sure which yet. I am anxious to get started, I just have to get some vacation time out of the way first. I'm not sure if I will be able to "fly through" but we'll see. Good job on your progress!! Any tips for WGU ? thanks kgb
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
    Congrats on pass and thanks for the suggestion on books..
  • _Marauder_Marauder Member Posts: 132 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • klhatchettklhatchett Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I hope to take the Sec+ exam by next fall, I will definitely use the Darril Gibson book
    Look me up on LinkedIn, Lets Connect! http://www.linkedin.com/in/klhatchett92
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass! I really need to regain my focus on this. I read the book a couple months ago but got a new job and lost focus. Time to regrind on the questions from the book again.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • ShawksShawks Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Outstanding! I have Security + next term. I understand a lot of the questions/topics in Net+ prepare you for the Security +. At least I hope so. Best of luck to you in WGU!
    Stephen Hawks
    B.S.I.T
    Started Dec 1, 2010
    Completed: EWB,BAC1,BBC1,CLC1, LAE1, INC1, LAT1, TEV1, TTV1, LUT1, QLC1, INT1, WFV1,WSV1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1 ,QMC1, QLT1,TSV1,AKV1,LWC1, LET1, ORC1, IWT1,WDV1,MGC1, TPV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, C220,C221. DEGREE COMPLETED!