Options

Exam is in two weeks time

MallowGirl12MallowGirl12 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
heyy guys, my exam is in two weeks time, so nervous, realy hope all the stuff i revised will come up, i've learnt alot about Network Comms since revising to be honest if i had the chance to redo the same paper i did in January with all the same questions, i think i would have passed it, but not gonna say anything for this new exam untill results, it's getting closer to the time, i've enjoyed recieving help from you guys by providing links and answers, it's been fun, so hope that i pass this and will let you guys know a good outcome of this , hopefully....!!

Comments

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hey Mallow. I wondered where you went to!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Good luck! Here's some important things to study up for the test:
    Common port numbers
    OSI and TCP/IP models - Know them back and forth as well as what protocols fit into which layers
    Troubleshooting steps
    Wireless standards
    Wire standards
    Glossary terms
    Switch/Hub concepts
    Basic command line troubleshooting
    IP address classes, APIPA addresses, loopback addresses, and private IP addresses

Good luck! This was the ONE and only exam that I ever got a perfect score on. I was SUPER paranoid and studied for like two months to the point of excess.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    killuminati1987killuminati1987 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Iris, how about VLSM? I notice on the CompTIA practice test, there's a VLSM question, and I still don't *get* it (at least I think it's a VLSM question lol)...although CIDR is almost becoming second hand. Should I be worried? lol

Also, WANs, Remote Access, Security (authentication, VPNs); are there a lot of these type of questions on the typical N+?

Sorry about the hijack, but I'm sure this will help MallowGirl too. Thanks for the assistance. :)
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mallow is testing for the CCENT, I believe. For the CCENT, VLSM is not needed. If she's going for CCNA, she'll need to know it.

Not sure about Network+.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Hey Mallow. I wondered where you went to!

Busy Revising :) coz i got all the answers lol, so i've been reading through my notes haahaha :) My Exam is CCNA one.
  • Options
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Mallow is testing for the CCENT, I believe. For the CCENT, VLSM is not needed. If she's going for CCNA, she'll need to know it.

Not sure about Network+.

My Exam is CCNA one :)
  • Options
    Thank You, i've memarised alot of OSI & TCP/IP can even remember both of their functions and layers :)