Passed Security+

kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
Passed MTA Security Fundamentals(93%) & CompTIA Security+(872/900) this morning.
  • Darril Gibson's book: Microsoft Security Fundamentals (provided by WGU)
  • Darril Gibson's book: Security+ Guide ($10 kindle version...seriously, if you are taking the Sec+ exam there's no reason not to spend the $10 for such an incredible resource and a shout out to Darril for making it available at what I believe is the perfect price point)
  • I also purchased his "Remember This" mp3's of the security+ guide book. Listened to them while doing yard work, etc.
  • Labsim/TestOut provided by WGU (actually went through 50% of the videos, and read most of the fact sheets, did their practice test)
  • MeasureUP MTA 98-367 practice Exams
I'm definitely a visual cert fanboy. I created practice exams of all the questions from all the books.

Officially done with networking certs!

Onwards to Database Courses now.
Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • shortcut144shortcut144 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome job. That seems like a lot of materials you studied!
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz x 2
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Good luck on the rest of the WGU courses - keep us posted.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    Awesome job. That seems like a lot of materials you studied!

Thanks.

And ya...I spent around 50-60hrs studying over 10days. My brain started to feel like mush.
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU
  • EqmmickeyEqmmickey Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! i felt so good once i passed the Security +... i cried in front of the monitor.. Tests always make me so tense
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the passes. Glad the MTA and Security+ books helped.

Best of luck with the database courses.
  • jimmyhelujimmyhelu Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed Security+ exam . I didn't use an awful lot of resources..the Sybex (white & red)security+ book with extensive clarifications and.
  • MJohnsonresMJohnsonres Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations...! icon_cheers.gif

Thank you for posting the resources that you used!
    I will be using Testout/Labsim, but will check out some of your references as well.
  • al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    Great score, great job, congrats!!!
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    Very nice job, one of the higher scores I have seen. Keep it going!