Options

Exam 417 - Eligibility with MCITP Enterprise Messaging Administrator Exchange 2007?

blop001blop001 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
HI all,

I wonder if i could perhaps get your thoughts in regards if I would be eligible to sit the Exam 417 (Upgrading your skills to Windows 2012 MCSA)?

The info found here:
MCSA: Windows Server 2012 Certification

Suggests that those whom hold the MCITP Enterprise Messaging Administrator will eligible to sit the 417 upgrade exam....but my questions is - does that include 2007 and 2010 MCITPs?

Mine is in 2007....so i am concerned i will miss out.

At which point...i will cry!!

I also hold a MCSE2003, so 2012 sounds like a great time to do some upgrades!

Thank you for your responses.

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    According to the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 page, you should be able to use your current cert to do the upgrade:

MCSA_Step1.png

They don't specify which MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator cert qualifies, but it's not unreasonable to think that either would do. If I were you, I'd contact Microsoft directly and ask. I was going to recommend that you could always upgrade to the 2010 version if the 2007 version didn't qualify, but the Exchange Certification page isn't too clear on what, if any, upgrade path there is, or if you just have to take both 2010 exams; not too helpful, unfortunately.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    blop001blop001 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your reply!

I too think it would be pretty reasonable to assume either MCITP in Exchange would be an acceptable route to the 417 Upgrade Exam....but you never know!! Fingers crossed...

From much of the wording around the 2012 exams it seems that some detail has not been finalised so I think rather than asking now I will wait until the exam is actually released.

There is no upgrade to Exchange 2010 from 2007, other than to complete the regular Exchange 2010 exams. I have the books...sitting on my shelf...staring at me...making me feel guilty for now opening them! icon_rolleyes.gif