Officially a CISSP - record time?

ajd86ajd86 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
So, today I received my congratulations e-mail stating that I've received the CISSP designation. I submitted my endorsement paperwork on August 2, so the turnaround was only 15 days! I've heard anywhere from 20 days to 6 weeks, but 15 days seems like it's gotta be close to record endorsement time!

Glad to be official! icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    congratz! :)
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mine was done recently too- sent on 8/1, received final word on 8/17. Would have been 8/16, but I had to provide some extra details (which took the extra day). Pretty quick!

Congrats on getting it knocked out!
  • ajd86ajd86 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    Mine was done recently too- sent on 8/1, received final word on 8/17. Would have been 8/16, but I had to provide some extra details (which took the extra day). Pretty quick!

Congrats on getting it knocked out!

Thanks! Congrats to you too! Apparently ISC2 is moving with haste these days.
  • wrightjwrightj Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS! my endorsement was submitted via email on Mon 20 Aug so i'm hoping that it takes the short turnaround time as well. i didn't realize that they actually follow up with an email to congratulate on the designation. i thought i would have to wait for the physical cert before i knew for sure. glad to hear that! keeping my fingers crossed...

again, CONGRATS!
  • the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    ajd86 wrote: »
    Thanks! Congrats to you too! Apparently ISC2 is moving with haste these days.

I wish they'd move with haste with mine... Still waiting for my PBT results. Its been one week and I feel like I'm losing my mind not knowing
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Congratulations! 15 days is a very short turnaround. Mine was 20 in July-August.
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • astruttastrutt Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey ajd86 if I may ask, you say you're in Washington, DC, where did you sit for your Exam? PearsonVue testing centers? and I assume since it was recent, was it a CBT (computer based test).

I completed my exam on the 5th, endorsement confirmation email received on the 10th, hoping mine comes thru as fast as yours did, need it for a new job in the next week or 2.

Thanks for any info!

astrutt
    Hey ajd86!

Congratz on the CISSP and quick turnaround!

I sat for my exam here in DC on the 5th, got the endorsement paperwork acceptance email on the 10th.

So officially, I believe I'm sitting at 3 weeks, I had a couple questions I hope you could answer, mostly for comparison.

I'm assuming you did the CBT (computer based test), and that you did it in DC, yes? Also can you say who you sat the exam with? PearsonVue by chance?

Any information you feel comfortable sharing would be appreciated. I'm getting antsy, and the new job I'm supposed to start in a week or 2 needs me to have the cert. I called ISC(2) a couple times, they say everything is in check and I just have to wait it out, up to 6 weeks. (obvious on the wait part)

Thanks!

Andrew
    Update, today as of 1:38pm, I got my email confirmation from ISC(2), CISSP complete, 18 days from endorsement documentation acceptance.

Would still like to hear some of ajd86's details to compare how his versus mine was completed in record time.
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    astrutt, you used the standard endorsement, yes? With another CISSP endorsing you?
    Yes, normal endorsement pdf, sent in electronically, with a older CISSP, one of the first 1000 CISSP's endorsed me.

Sat the exam on the 5th, endorsement sent in on the 7th or 8th, I got the email saying the endorsement paperwork was accepted on the 10th. Got the final email from them on the 28th.
  • ajd86ajd86 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    astrutt wrote: »
    Hey ajd86!

Congratz on the CISSP and quick turnaround!

I sat for my exam here in DC on the 5th, got the endorsement paperwork acceptance email on the 10th.

So officially, I believe I'm sitting at 3 weeks, I had a couple questions I hope you could answer, mostly for comparison.

I'm assuming you did the CBT (computer based test), and that you did it in DC, yes? Also can you say who you sat the exam with? PearsonVue by chance?

Any information you feel comfortable sharing would be appreciated. I'm getting antsy, and the new job I'm supposed to start in a week or 2 needs me to have the cert. I called ISC(2) a couple times, they say everything is in check and I just have to wait it out, up to 6 weeks. (obvious on the wait part)

Thanks!

Andrew

Congrats on your pass!

I did, indeed sit for the CBT in the Bethesda, MD Pearson Vue center. It seems like you had a quick turnaround afterall, which is great. ISC2 must be streamlining their processes - in part thanks to CBT, I'm sure.
  • someslackersomeslacker Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just submitted my paperwork today, my endorser was unavailable for a couple of weeks. argh. Now the wait begins again, countdown: 3-Oct - ?. Hoping for a quick turnaround as well. Feels like forever, took the PBT on 19-Aug.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Fifteen days seems about right and with the CBT in place the process is probably a bit smoother than getting submittals in bulk after results are sent. On the other hand the ISC2 took about 7 weeks to grade my CISSP-ISSAP exam eventhough it was a CBT as well.

- beads
  • CISPhDCISPhD Member Posts: 114
    Has anyone noticed if your application turnaround time is faster (or not) if you already have other experienced based certs such as the CISM, CISA, or other?

I heard the processing worked faster for the CISM if you already had a CISSP, but I'm not sure if that is conjecture or not either? :S
  • coolz203coolz203 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't think it makes a difference. I have a CISA prior to my CISSP. The CISSP endorsement took about 6 weeks and on top of that I was audited. Go figure. icon_lol.gif