Options

70-640 Failed

Failed today with a 678, which I can only assume is 1 question from 700 out of 50 questions. Pretty discouraging. Need to be much stronger in DNS zoning and AD CS/FS/RMS.

I didn't lab much, just read the microsoft book and navigated to the tools to lay eyes on it and familiarize myself with the menus and options and such. No actual environment creation. Obviously not a successful strategy.

Wish I could just plug my brain in and **** information in, e.g. the matrix.

Have been having doubts about my choice of IT as a career, this certainly did not help.
Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
WGU MSISA
Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass. I agree that you were close, about a question away. That said, definitely set up a lab before your retake. I'd focus on DNS, CS, LDS, and FS. It helped me to be able to see the steps in my mind, after labbing through it all.
  • Options
    LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm sorry to hear about the results. My confirmed test date is September 17th, and I am nervous. I started hitting the labs pretty heavy last week. This week I am focusing on DNS. I'm also filling in with Technet. These are suggestions others have given me and it is making a huge difference.
    Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+