VMUG and free VCP exam

ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
Received this email from VMware VMUG - paying $200 for a $225 VCP exam and a bunch of other perks sounds like a deal to me :)
Subscribe Now and Receive a FREE VCP 5 Certification Exam Voucher

Take advantage of major discounts, technical training and information that will benefit you in more than one way when you purchase VMUG Advantage and register for VMworld!

Subscribe to VMUG Advantage before August 31 and you will receive a FREE VCP 5 certification exam voucher — a $225 value.

VMUG Advantage is the most cost effective way to stay on top of your VMware technical training and skills. As noted on TechTarget Blog, “VMUG Advantage membership really is a bargain. Even if you only use one or two of the perks, you can easily earn your money back each year.”
VMworld is coming up on August 26, 2012 and we hope to see you there!
VMUG Advantage members are eligible to save $100 off VMworld registration!

This discount can now be combined with any other single VMware or VMworld discounts. (Group discounts do not apply).

Join thousands of your peers and experience VMworld firsthand:
° More than 300 in-depth sessions and labs will be presented during the week
° Packed agenda of meetings and events
° Hundreds of exhibits will showcase the latest advances in virtualization and cloud infrastructure technology
° The insight and tools you need to drive unprecedented business result
“You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
- discounted vouchers for certs

Comments

• odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I just joined for VMUG a few months ago. 100 bucks off of vmworld. Theres alot of online training I haven't even gotten to check out. I already have a VCP so the free voucher doesn't do me any good. Maybe I can use it for the new IAAS exam. If you plan on taking the classes for design or scale its worth it. It will save me 900 bucks on the training.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    It's a no brainer for anyone using VMware daily or has plans to take even just 1 course within the next year.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    Sounds like a good deal but unfortunately won't work out for me. The company I work for will pay for the VCP-5 exam fee but not VMUG.
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Doesn't make sense on paper when one imagines the cost savings. However, depending on the company policy I can see why one might not. The fact that VMUG is a subscription and requires payment by credit card can be an issue for many. Being state government, nearly everything has to be purchased from someone on contract or has to be invoiced. Luckily, I fought to get a credit card for special situations like this and they have been flexible about it. You also can't get invoiced for Apple Store/iTunes purchases, so we needed it for that too. :)

On a similar note, subscribing to Microsoft Technet was nice for us to have the 2 Microsoft tech support calls alone. Since it's rare we use them and it would be overkill to setup some kind of larger agreement/contract with them.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???