Scheduled test. For tomorrow morning!

RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
So I decided it's time. I feel good about it. I have flash backs about CompTIA questions. Horrible nightmares.

I've decided to buy CBTNugget's cram session. I'll be watching the "Updated" portions of the videos sessions.

Yes. Im cramming the night before an exam.icon_sad.gif

Do I think I'll pass? Nopers! We'll see tomorrow morning - at 8am. icon_redface.gif

Edit: Just got an advertisement for University of South Carolina. After it got hacked recently. There's Hope! It's for paralegal, not for computer science!
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

Comments

• HectorPHectorP Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm sure you'll do great. Good luck.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Funny_Username_HereFunny_Username_Here Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! You can do it, you're likely more prepared than you think you are.
  • KeenerKeener Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good Luck! If you see this before you take the test, it is common to feel like you are going to fail during the test. I did. I thought for sure I had failed due the different wording and terms (slightly different than the material I used to study). However, when I finished I had an 848 out of 900, not even close to failing. I have read quite a few other posts where testers thought they were going to fail while taking the exam. Just understand this if you do feel this way!

We look forward to hearing about your experiences tomorrow!
    Pain is only temporary. No matter how bad it gets, it always ends!
  • Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
    gook luck and take some rest before exam.
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck, mate. May you remember all those dagnabbed ports numbers. :p
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Passed.

Morally, I don't find it satisfying. It left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. Whether it was the study material, or not... I don't know.

One thing though - Volcab words. Actually I thought the word was a type of clothing and it was asking me what security measure was? Wtf? The lady that works there wasn't about to explain to me what it was, if she knew >< But I think I got that question right. It was related to a Shipping term.

Darril's book got the job done, no matter what criticism is to be had. That's the bottom line, and that's the important part.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats! What's next for you?
    Sorry you are not satisfied. Is the bitter test towards Security?

Congratulations on the pass!
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well, I redid my office. Covered up the giant windows that lead into the Server room, with two whiteboards.

I was entertaining the possibility of Linux+, as I see a lot of NOCs request for Linux experience. But after dealing with CompTIA (Urgh), I've been itching to get back into Cisco and labs - I Might as well follow suit and go CCNA:Security. I ordered the book yesterday, along with a USB>Console adapter.

Im down one monitor too, I gave a samsung monitor to my fiance's sister for college. :\ Im pretty sure my computer is on the brink of needing attention as it didn't want to startup. No errors, no beeps. Took it a hot 10 minutes to get to POST this morning. :'(

Actually, given the possibility of needing to buy new hardware and I know I'll personally want to buy cisco hardware before going back into switches, I think Linux+ would be the best option. I'll re-visit ccna material and notes so I can absorb the information and head into CCNA:Security with a new mission to destroy and take no prisoners!

As far as being bitter...

Yeah. I have a 'thing' against CompTIA tests. Ever since my first experience with A+. I Hate it, because it makes no sense. Knowing the answers and widdling it down to two answers - which are both correct are correct in some way isn't a good feeling. So then it becomes to if I'm lucky. If I'm lucky, and pick right, I may pass. If not, I may fail - having to resit the exam... again.

For example this lovely like question:
    What color resembles Blue? Sky, Maroon, Orange, Navy?
    Well color me red! Sky and Navy are both Blues, but which is more blue? What if im color blind and I think Sky is more blue than Navy? Maybe the person who made the exam doesn't like the Navy, and like the Sky? !@#$!

At this point my mind races trying to figure out all possibilities trying to trace down re-read the question for any lick of a clue. I try to image both colors in my mind, before I just stop all brain functions and pick one. At this point any one is correct. I click next and don't look back. One actually gave me a headache that lasted me through 85+ questions. Yeah, I got all of these type questions early on my exam. Lucky.

I felt like I was going to yell saying "Why don't you make this in english, Son of a B****!"

I'm not a good test taker in the first place, so ending up with questions that could have two answers but only able to select 1 answer never sits well with me. Symantics. Remembering the finer details about topics can trip you up and seeing the topic discussed both ways (Correctly and Not Correctly) while studying just for Security+.

NAT & PAT.

That's all I'll say about that.

I didn't really feel "Accomplished" like I thought I would. Not like I felt with Cisco. More like relieved that I sat the test and ended the nightmare. Then I had to take a survey after the test which made the tension rise.

Just watch Lewis Black and then you'll get my feeling of bitterness as well as the sense of wanting to punch someone. :P

Understand better now. From what I have read this may be said about several exams. Some of the answers are right, but there is one that is "more right" than the others. And other high level exams that are based on theory (so to speak) but what you actually do in the real world may differ slightly. I guess that is just expected in the exam realm.

At least you seem to be leaning towards a specific focus which is always a good thing! It has taken me a long time to get my focus. Good luck moving forward.