Options

Passed 875

triplebenctriplebenc Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just got back from testing center, passed w/ an 875! I know it's not that high, but to me a pass is a pass :) I ended up getting 2 simulations, ospf and rip. Time to lay back and drink a couple beers then get ready for the next cert. Since I only have a ccna I think i'm going to start up the A+ Certification, that way i'll have some computer hardware experience rather than just networking, what do you think?

I'd also like to thank you all for your help. Couldnt of done it without ya!

Comments

• Options
    jmanningjmanning Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    triplebenctriplebenc Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Also, for those out there debating on what to study with I used the Cisco Press Intro and Cisco press ICND as my 2 reading resources and used Boson Netsim as my simulator. The test is pretty much ICND but really in depth and if you know that book really well you should do well on the test in my opinion. I also took various free practice tests online and feel those helped me out quite a bit also.
  • Options
    frankj1247frankj1247 Member Posts: 111
    I definitely recommend pursuing your A+!!!

Alot of jobs list it as a minimum requirement and it's fun too.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    triplebenc wrote:
    Since I only have a ccna I think i'm going to start up the A+ Certification, that way i'll have some computer hardware experience rather than just networking, what do you think?
    Sputter... sputter, gasp! Only? Only have a ccna? Sputter... sputter, gasp! Just Networking??? icon_lol.gif Okay, just kidding.

Someone has to perform hardware upgrades on the routers, and with an A+, that could be you. But you have to be careful, next thing you know you'll be doing desktop computers, and then you'll move on to servers, and if you're not careful, you might wake up some morning with a hangover and an MCSE.

Hey, nearly forgot, Congratulations! :D

You're in a good place with a respected certification. Other certifications will just make you more valuable.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!