Practice test vs Actual test results???

the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
So its the last day of my CISSP bootcamp (take the exam tomorrow!!!), and we just took our practice exam, composed entirely of actual (retired) CISSP questions. I should have the results in a couple hours. But in the meantime, I was wondering how close the scores on your practice test were, compared to your actual score on the exam (for those that did the ISC2 bootcamp followed by the test)?

Comments

• ajd86ajd86 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You don't receive a score if you pass the exam, only if you fail. I was scoring in the low 80% range on my practice tests, and I passed with relative ease. 80% is typically what you should shoot for on practice tests to feel secure. I'm sure you'll do well, just stay calm. Good luck!
  • the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    ajd86 wrote: »
    You don't receive a score if you pass the exam, only if you fail.

Ah, I didn't realize this. Well thanks for the feedback.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    With the (ISC)2, a pass is a pass.
  • emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    On the ISC2 review seminar handbook questions I averaged about 65-70% but I passed on the first try. I'm pretty sure I got close to 995/1000. :D
    Just finished going over them. I got 81% on the practice test. So I'm hoping the actual test goes that well
  • SkelethonSkelethon Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    the_hutch wrote: »
    So its the last day of my CISSP bootcamp (take the exam tomorrow!!!), and we just took our practice exam, composed entirely of actual (retired) CISSP questions. I should have the results in a couple hours. But in the meantime, I was wondering how close the scores on your practice test were, compared to your actual score on the exam (for those that did the ISC2 bootcamp followed by the test)?
    I avereged ~80% on the practice tests and i passed on the first attempt.
    Practice tests included cccure.org, the questions in AIO 5 and the questions in the "Official guide to the CISSP CBK".
  • ajd86ajd86 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    the_hutch wrote: »
    Just finished going over them. I got 81% on the practice test. So I'm hoping the actual test goes that well

Good job on the practice test. If you did poorly in 1 or 2 domains, maybe just brush up on those domains at most. Definitely don't burn yourself out the night before the exam. It sounds like you're in good shape, so get a good night's sleep and kick butt tomorrow!
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    JD's comment reminds me of The Fast and The Furious: "It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."
    "If you're not first, you're last" -- Ricky Bobby