SSCP scheduled for 8/24

KeenerKeener Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have scheduled my SSCP exam for Friday at 8a. About 2 weeks ago I was pretty confident, but now I am definitely getting nervous. icon_cry.gif

I have used Darril's AIO book and a course from LabSim (a little outdated). I am confident in what I know/understand from what I have read/watched. However, I am not confident in that this is enough for the exam. icon_study.gif

When I scheduled the exam I also received the official guide from ISC2 for free. The guide arrived yesterday and I started skimming through it late last night. Through the first domain I have already seen quite a few things that were not even mentioned in either of the other 2 sources. Example: Constrained User Interface, Content-Dependent Access Control, and Temporal Isolation Access Control (under DAC) in addition to MAC and RBAC methodologies. Are these new ones on the exam?

Has anyone else used the "Official" Guide in preparation? I am just trying to see if they are adding a lot additional items that will not be tested on or if there is a lot that was not covered in the other 2 sources. Thanks.
Pain is only temporary. No matter how bad it gets, it always ends!

Comments

• Heny '06Heny '06 Member Posts: 107
    ISC2 offical guide is a more thorough than Darril's AIO. I have both books, you may be able to pass with just the AIO if you have a good amount of work experience to back up the AIO reading. If not you will struggle In my opinion just based on the content of both books. The AIO is more general, easy read where the ISC2 book gets into the nitty gritty of IPSec. My opinion, let us know how you faired in your test. You have time, cram you'd be surprised.
  • KeenerKeener Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well, I passed this morning. I was able to skim through about 3 of the domains in the official guide and understood a few things out of there. However, the test I took was not as technical as I expected it to be. If was definitely more conceptual and I think there were even only 1 or 2 questions that mentioned anything about ports. I will have a more in depth assessment in another thread.
    Pain is only temporary. No matter how bad it gets, it always ends!
  • SkelethonSkelethon Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Keener wrote: »
    Well, I passed this morning. I was able to skim through about 3 of the domains in the official guide and understood a few things out of there. However, the test I took was not as technical as I expected it to be. If was definitely more conceptual and I think there were even only 1 or 2 questions that mentioned anything about ports. I will have a more in depth assessment in another thread.
    Congratulations on the pass!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin