Options

VMWare Workstation 9 released

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
Wow - missed that one completely ... >> Click << ....
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• Options
    TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    Nice! Wonder if they are going to offer any updates for Windows 8 on Vsphere for something like ESX 5. I had to install the client in compatibility mode last night on Windows 8.
  • Options
    jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    And just like that, Workstation 8 gets abandoned in favor of a new release, huge I/O issues and all. Really starting to dislike VMware as a company at this point.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • Options
    It does surprise me how frequent updates are coming out lately. What really annoys me though is the fact that certain bugs following all major releases. ESX 3.5 had massive iSCSI bugs, 4, and then 5 - you'd think they learn but clearly don't.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Gotta agree. I just had an instance today where installing a Windows 8 VM in Workstation 8 crashed my workstation itself. How is that even possible? Should it matter what OS in there? I mean, it shouldn't. CPU was fine, ram fine.. just sorta hung and took the machine down. Not the first time either.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    All I know is if vSphere 6 is out within the next year, I probably won't bother getting certified on that. Their certs are not cheap and I'm not going to keep spending $225 every couple years, and going after the higher level certs seems pointless. The VCAP and VCDX for 4 weren't even out a year before vShere 5 was released.

If they're going to push updates out this quickly, they need to move to a renew every 3 year model.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • Options
    pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    Downloaded but somehow corrupted my VMware Workstation 7 and can't get it uninstalled.
    Reimaging...
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • Options
    exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Has anyone ran tried WSX yet? I can login but none of my VM's show up.
    EDIT: Nevermind, I had to change some settings in workstation itself.

WSX is a bit buggy as it tends to blackscreen the VM at times.
  • Options
    jmritenour wrote: »
    All I know is if vSphere 6 is out within the next year, I probably won't bother getting certified on that. .

I was thinking the same thing .... Having now 3 of those sodding things makes me wonder if I keep bothering ... It would be a lot easier and motivating if they would just extend the "no course requirement" period .. rather than just 2 months or so .. Wonder how many "upgrader" actually use **** to save the money for the course.