Passed A+ Exams 701 and 702

USB_EverydayUSB_Everyday Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
As of yesterday I am officially A+ certified. For years I've done small time troubleshooting for friends and family and I finally have decided to step up and grab my cert.

I used CBT nuggets. Didn't really like ProProf. As a reference I used A+ 2009 in Depth by Jean Andrews. Little flashcards for 701.

Overall I spent a week and a half with just CBT nuggets. 5 days of solid studying (5+ hours) for 701 and 3 days for 702. Checked some of the notes out here and found some useful information. I used the Comptia A+ practice exams to measure my strengths and weaknesses and just tuned up the areas where I was lacking. Easy.

Next will be Network + while probably working on learning a computer language. Sec+ will be in the mix too. All I have is time.

--There are still a lot of things I want to improve on from the exam. Though time and experience will dictate those improvements as well--

Comments

• ahphotoahphoto Member Posts: 103
    Congrats! :)

Good luck with Net+ (I recommend the All-In-One Bible)
    Good luck with Sec+ (I highly recommend Darril Gibson's "Get Certified Get Ahead" book)
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, USB_Everyday! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Congratulations! Professor Messers has great videos on Security+ and Net+. What languages are you planning on learning?
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • USB_EverydayUSB_Everyday Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Patel128 wrote: »
    Congratulations! Professor Messers has great videos on Security+ and Net+. What languages are you planning on learning?

Thanks everyone for the congrats. I'm interested in C#/.NET, Java, and SQL. I'm building a foundation with Python right now.
  • RyanCorbettRyanCorbett Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats !....will be working on a+ starting shortly....good luck with net+/sec+ !....
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone for the congrats. I'm interested in C#/.NET, Java, and SQL. I'm building a foundation with Python right now.

My favorite is Visual C#. I use that at work whenever I possibly can.
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • rejazrejaz Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done for passing!, Go for Network + next!