Options

Packet Pushers Episode 114 - Real-Life CCNP With Jeremy Cioara

spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
http://content.blubrry.com/packetpushers/Show_114-Real-Life_CCNP_with_Jeremy_Cioara.mp3

Interesting Cisco certification discussion with Jeremy Cioara, Greg Ferro, Ethan Banks, etc.

If you're interested there are a few other episodes that discuss the new CCIE Security, another that discusses CCDE and CCIE Datacenter and Attack of the Data Center, which is like a study group on CCIE Data Center that discusses some tips or topics.

Comments

• Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice find - For whatever reason I find Greg to be extremely off putting, so I find it difficult to listen to PP for that reason...Jeremy is always a great interview though.
  • Options
    Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
    Jeremy Cioara is amazing. I am glad I bought his CBT for CCNA. His energy and the fact he loves Cisco so much keeps me motivated.
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I like Greg. He seems to know his stuff. If I had to say there's a personality that can be difficult to tolerate I'd say it's Ivan Pepniak (sp), only because of his matter of fact attitude. He does know his stuff though.

Some might not like Greg's dislike of voice/converged networking and windows, but that's a personal preference if I ever saw one.

What other networking podcasts do you guys like?
  • Options
    mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    I like Greg Ferro too. He seems smart and genuine.

On the other hand, I'm starting to think that Jeremy Ciora's experience is not as broad as some other people that have come on the show before. Jeremy is more specialized in education and instruction. That's not a bad thing or a good thing, it just is. Although one thing about Jeremy will always remain, his enthusiasm. And this I think matters a LOT.

As was discussed in the podcast, when you are teaching someone something new, you're not really giving them something they can't themselves find in the internet, right? However, if you instill enthusiasm into the students, inspire people to like networking, then the motivated students will go and fill in the blanks themselves with other videos or books (something you have to do if you only watch CBT Nuggets).

Again, discussed in the podcast, this also applies to your job and climbing/getting promotions. It's much easier for people to know how much you want to work in a certain area if you actively find opportunities to get involved. Help out, volunteer, study, ask for support if you want to participate in talks/conference or education, etc.
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE