What are the Chances ?

simonsezzzsimonsezzz Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well , I recently appeared for the CISSP PBT exam , and the difficulty level was beyond expectation , ,it is a against isc2 code of ethics to share the contents , but all I can say is, while turning pages after pages I was hoping for a single line question and a single word answer , but could hardly find any .I finished the 250 questions within 4 hours , and took the remaining 2 hours to revisit the answers and believe me I had made around 20 corrections on my second thought.
It is a pain to wait for 6 tiring weeks to know the result , each day I ask myself , have I passed or …..Which bothers a lot .
I have heard that the most important part is completing the 250 questions, Few of my colleagues who failed to complete the paper had passed.
I would like to ask the people who has cleared the exam , what are my chances of clearing on the basis of above experience.?
Well , I recently appeared for the CISSP PBT exam , and the difficulty level was beyond expectation , ,it is a against isc2 code of ethics to share the contents , but all I can say is, while turning pages after pages I was hoping for a single line question and a single word answer , but could hardly find any .I finished the 250 questions within 4 hours , and took the remaining 2 hours to revisit the answers and believe me I had made around 20 corrections on my second thought.
It is a pain to wait for 6 tiring weeks to know the result , each day I ask myself , have I passed or …..Which bothers a lot .
I have heard that the most important part is completing the 250 questions, Few of my colleagues who failed to complete the paper had passed.
I would like to ask the people who has cleared the exam , what are my chances of clearing on the basis of above experience.?

Comments

• webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Couldn't you take the CBT and get instant results? Also no way of knowing if a PASS/FAIL until the email comes in. Keep living your life and when it comes you'll have your answer. Don't stress!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    My friend, if you were expecting one liners and quick answers you definitely did not do your homework. Almost every single book, bootcamp, and video training out there explain how the questions are and touchnon strategies to answer them.
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    And yes - it is very much against isc2 code of ethics and the NDA to share the contents of the exam. Your best bet is to tough it out and wait for the results.
  • emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    For what it's worth, everyone, and I mean everyone except for one person that I know walked out of the test expecting complete and utter failure (myself included) because that's what the test is supposed to do. Rough you up a little but (because real life infosec is a walk in the park right?).

The ones who walked in there, spent a total of 1 (one) hour to complete the entire exam, not reading the questions, not looking for the clues, not thinking like a manager, not looking for the traps. Those people oft fail.
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I walked out after taking the test feeling like I failed and ended up actually failing. A lot of the practice tests out there that are single line questions with 1-3 word answers focus on making sure you know a lot of stuff that you should be able to use to figure out the actual questions. What I mean is, you have a strong foundation but now you need to think high level and see if you can put together enough information to figure out an answer to a lengthy question.
  • ejg398ejg398 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took the exam 3 times before I passed. first two times I felt good about the exam and ended up failing, missed first time by 7 points, second time by 4 points. My third attempt I walked out of the exam feeling like I was hit by a Mack truck. I used up every minute of the exam time. I was sure I was going to be handed my butt on a platter on this attempt. 6 weeks later I got my pass results. I would not take the chance of not completing the exam. any answer is better than no answer at all. If you do the 2 obvious incorrect answer elimination right away atleast you have a 50/50 guess chance on that question.
  • webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    +1 to what this slacker above me said! lol
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • ejg398ejg398 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    webgeek wrote: »
    +1 to what this slacker above me said! lol

HAHAHAHA... H8rs will be H8rs!