External firwire CDRW

Toshiba ROCKSToshiba ROCKS Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Sorry about that, I screwed up my last post. Anyways, I have laptop with a internal DVD-RW/CDRW. I can play a music CD that I made in it without a problem. However, when I try to run it from my external firewire CDRW it ask me if I wish to format it. What would cause this?
KISS-KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID

Comments

• bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    several years ago, not all cd-roms would read cdr or cdrw disks, though i haven't come across this in recent years (except for some stereo equipment not being able to play my compilation disks i created on cdr).

i think there may still be a problem with cdrw media. cdrw media typically worked best in the drive they were orginally created with.

i would check your external cdrw documentation incase your problem is mentioned there
    A+ Moderator
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It wouldn't be a case of different DVD formats?

DVD+RW DVD-RW ?
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    Umm.... not when he's playing CDs. icon_wink.gif

Cheeblie
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    urrgghhh - I think time to go to bed icon_rolleyes.gif

Pulled an all-nighter as a security guard and figured since the sun was up I would just wait another 12 hrs until tonite, but I guess I am slipping - L8Rz
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • DarthLoafyDarthLoafy Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    One possibility is the CD-R/CD-RW was not finalized after you made it. You would be able to play the CD on the notebook you recorded it on, however it would not work in another drive.