passed security+...

RyanCorbettRyanCorbett Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
passed security+ this afternoon with an 806....not the best score, but it was passable....i'm not going to lie, folks ; the exam is DIFFICULT and some of the question wording would lead you to believe that you need to be a grammar expert to get some of what is being explained....that not withstanding, however, i took my time, used common sense, and used the process of elimination....take your time in your studies, and don't rush things; 5 months of me studying an hour a day and i still only received an 806.....i exclusively used, of course, darril gibson's security + book and perused professor messer's videos on youtube occasionally....as some others have experienced, i did feel as if i wasn't doing so well at some points during the exam....IGNORE that sensation, should you experience it...i believe that if your answers are close to correct ( like when there are 2 possible correct answers to a question ), you get some sort of weight towards your score for it....that's just my belief.....thanks to all the members of this forum, and a special shout-out to darril gibson for a fabulous book....onward to a+ to complete the vaunted comptia tri-force....

Comments

• RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!

Play the music. Then scroll down!

Further...

You've earned the TriForce!

398a8cfe.jpg

...I couldn't find a picture, so I had to modify a triforce. :P

I mean I couldn't have been the ONLY person to have heard Zelda's theme, or any "Zelda"esk sound effects when that last test was passed. Right?

...Right?! icon_redface.gif

Alright... I'll go back to my routers. :'(

Wait a minute You didn't get your A+, yet. Well think of this song when you're studying, and passing your final test. Even better. Take the exam in a Link Costume. Minus the weapon and shield, hat, gloves, belt... you know, standard testing procedure.

I spent all that time making the picture, finding the theme! Bah!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• RyanCorbettRyanCorbett Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rogue, you are AWESOME !!.....icon_cheers.gif
  • MegaMacMegaMac Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Amazing post, Rogue. One day I too shall obtain the Tri-Force. First stop, finishing the Practical to get A+!

After each passed test, I'll elect from an assortment of RPG victory themes a soundtrack to my success. Such as: Grandia OST - Victory - YouTube

And of course, congrats, Ryan! Thanks for the summary of your exam experience. I'll be tackling Security+ last.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    thanks, megamac and cyberguy !....good luck with a+, megamac !....:)
  • KeenerKeener Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!

That music brings back so many memories!!!
    Pain is only temporary. No matter how bad it gets, it always ends!
    thanks, keener !....rogue really went out of his way, didn't he ?....
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□

Because I got woken up by cops -_-.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

@ rogue....that's no good....hope everything is cool....
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

@rogue: very fitting video
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • efrippefripp Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome! Glad you passed. It wasn't the hardest exam, but I would never call it easy!
    efripp wrote: »
    Awesome! Glad you passed. It wasn't the hardest exam, but I would never call it easy!

thanks, guys !....i'm sure there certainly are harder exams out there, but it wasn't easy, for sure !....:)
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Darril wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass. Best of luck with the A+ exams.

thanks, darril !...and thanks for the great book !....hope you guys aren't flooding out down in va beach like we are here in hampton after all of this recent rain....