Options

Study Partner for ICND1

2»

Comments

• Options
    USM_ITCboyUSM_ITCboy Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would love to join in on this too. I currently studying for my ICND1 test after failing a few months ago. The only problem is that someone mentioned using TeamViewer & I currently actually use it for work & personal use on my laptops. What could be done about that?

I really think we could use something like Google+/Google Hangouts. You can have up to 10 concurrent users active in the video chat. Plus, you can live stream that to YouTube for everyone else to watch live and live chat or later when it uploads to YouTube. It's no offense to anyone wanting to use their own servers (which is great as well!!! icon_smile.gif) but using Google's data center for our meetings ain't a bad option either.
  • Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    USM_ITCboy wrote: »
    I would love to join in on this too. I currently studying for my ICND1 test after failing a few months ago. The only problem is that someone mentioned using TeamViewer & I currently actually use it for work & personal use on my laptops. What could be done about that?

I really think we could use something like Google+/Google Hangouts. You can have up to 10 concurrent users active in the video chat. Plus, you can live stream that to YouTube for everyone else to watch live and live chat or later when it uploads to YouTube. It's no offense to anyone wanting to use their own servers (which is great as well!!! icon_smile.gif) but using Google's data center for our meetings ain't a bad option either.

When I think of partner, I thnk of someone I can rely on. Anytime you have grades involved usually in a class, accountability increases substantially and a class with grades as accountability smashes everything out there! I got a grant for it all- Obama"care" at work!! lol This google technology might rival facebook in terms of "networking" I second the google recommendation!
  • Options
    drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    Whatever product can get the most folks invovled.
  • Options
    showboshowbo Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Put me down for in. I will PM you my e-mail drkat. I will make time for when it is! :) Thanks for doing this for us!
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    synseq wrote: »
    What version of Ubuntu are yo trying to run? I'm running Debian 2.6 but I've used Ubuntu before and like it. Usually before I install a new distro I'll grab a live cd so I can check out the OS before I actually install it.

Trying to install 11.10. It worked before. I'm just apt to format my computer and start anew as my AV subscription is running out tomorrow :\

Got it. 6th time is a charm?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    synseqsynseq Member Posts: 123
    Indeed. Good Luck.
    Life is not a gift for man, man is himself life, his wants and needs serve the singular purpose of existence, any man who loses sight of this and does not cherish life itself is in the hardest of ways.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi I am interested in this! I just recently passed my n+ and plan to begin my icnd1 studies next Monday.
  • Options
    Ok everyone, lets schedule for Friday 9/28/12 at 9:00PM EST I'm thinking till about 11? - whoever wishes to attend please send me a PM with your emails and I will send the invite out on 9/25

Format is going to be a live webex type session - shared screen and audio. We will be working off a powerpoint slide for topics and I'll get some gear configured up to cover some of the basic ICND1/2 topics - during the session it will be very informal so we'll tackle topics as we discuss the exam, the material and hopefully the field in general.

If anyone has any further suggestions please PM me.

I will also provide a few tickets I've had the pleasure of working on to give any new comers an idea of the type of daily crap you'll run into :) provided I can find some that we can replicate in the lab equipment.

Equipment for the lab will be 2 3550's 2 1841's

Thanks guys!
  • Options
    $hortCircuit$hortCircuit Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just getting into the CCNA study(I really need this cert). I just realized last week that it may be easier to do the ICND1/2 route then the one full test. I purchased the Todd Lammie CCNA study book. I would definitely be down to work on it this way!!
  • Options
    I can't pm you yet... Not sure if I need to do something new. I DO want in though. If possible?
  • Options
    I'll go ahead and post the meeting number here as well for those who cant use PM
  • Options
    TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
    I am down for Lab partner. We can break eachother Pocket tracer lab or something, and otherone fix it. I finished TrainSignal ICND1 video, and half way done with the Odom`s ICND1 book.
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
    Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)
  • Options
    drkat wrote: »
    I'll go ahead and post the meeting number here as well for those who cant use PM

Thank you!! Much appreciated!! Can't wait!! :)
  • Options
    santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    just wondering if this actually happend as i never got any info for it.
  • Options
    xkaijinxxkaijinx Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would like to join for a CCENT study class. Available saturday/sunday - drkat are you still doing this or to late?

Thanks
  • Options
    NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    I'd LOVE to do this as well! I'm available anytime (preferably weekends like most).
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security
  • Options
    ItztalItztal Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For sure down with this if its still around