Passed The SYS0-301

Gheezer653Gheezer653 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the exam today with a score of 866. Kudos to Darril Gibson on an outstanding set of preparation materials. I found his book to be well written and lucid. The practice questions are very helpful in narrowing down areas for further study. I used the separate book of practice questions along with the mobile application to prepare for the exam. Also, the Sybex book was useful to read alternate ways of explaining topics and for a few details not covered in the Gibson book.

My advice to those taking the exam is to score 100% on all of the Gibson questions and 95% on the Transcender questions. The 'official' practice test from CompTIA is quite a bit more difficult than the actual exam, so if you pass that one you should pass the exam.

Good luck to those of you preparing for the exam. With consistent focused preparation you will succeed.

Comments

• RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!

Did you try the Boson exams?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Auslander1Auslander1 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome, congratulations, I am taking mine tomorrow morning, I have been using Darril's book and the app with the practice questions as well as some videos from Professor Messer for reinforcing the material.
  • Gheezer653Gheezer653 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Congrats!

Did you try the Boson exams?

I have never heard of them until now.
  • Gheezer653Gheezer653 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Don't for get to take the CompTIA practice exam. It is beneficial. If you pass that, you will pass the real exam.
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass and thanks for posting the advice.
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the pass and thanks for the kind words about the book.

One thing I also like to mention aobut the questions is to make sure you undestand why the correct answers are correct and why the incorrect answers are incorrect. This way no matter how CompTIA words the questions, you'll get them correct.