ISACA Application processing times

paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
Does anyone know how long it typically takes ISACA to process a certification application. The FAQ says up to 8 weeks. Does it really take that long? I was going to submit my CISM app tomorrow.

Thanks.

Comments

• AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you have another known security related cert, it will take less time. It took me less than 2 weeks to get my CISA application response, since I held the CISSP cert when I applied.
    Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
    Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks. That's great to hear. I have a CISSP so I hope its that quick. When I submitted, I got an auto email that it would 7-10 business days to get another email that my application was received and then another 8 weeks to process. I can't imagine having to wait up to another 10 weeks.
  • forestgiantforestgiant Member Posts: 153
    ISACA told me I'm officially CISM as of today.

Sent in my app the day the score came out. I hold the CISSP so that could have expedited the process a bit like AlexNguyen mentioned.
    ISACA told me I'm officially CISM as of todayd.[/QUOTE
    Congrats icon_cheers.gif

I got something today as well. That it will take 8 weeks to processs. Guess to pays not to prograstinate.
  • GoodBishopGoodBishop Member Posts: 359 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Surprisingly, I got a email stating it would take 3-4 weeks to process.
  • cncncncncncn Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A friend of mine told me that when they receive the documents, they send a mail that they got it and application evaluation is in progress..
    Then after 8 weeks he's got his CISA.
    That happened in 2010...

I sent my signed papers and i know they got it but I still didnt get an email telling that evaluation is in progress. Does this have to be or still exist in 2012?

Also, with a little search, now i can see that , if an application is under review, it says that in the "certification status"...
    But mine, it says that " CISA: Passed exam"

Should I wait or send an email regarding my application?

I spent lots of $ to send my package overseas.. Because with regular post it could last for 30 days and i need it fast. Now it got in 2 days but no signs of "under review" and i wonder why..
    cncncn wrote: »
    "

Should I wait or send an email regarding my application?

I spent lots of $ to send my package overseas.. Because with regular post it could last for 30 days and i need it fast. Now it got in 2 days but no signs of "under review" and i wonder why..
    I emailed my CISM application. I'm guessing most people used email instead of postal mail. I got an auto email saying it was received. Then about 4-5 days later I got another email saying it was being processed and it would take 8 weeks. The folks at ISACA seem very nice when I had to call with a question. I am sure if you drop them an email, they can help you.
    Today I got another email saying it will be 6 weeks to process - ISACA, make up your mind!

At least now it officially shows "Application submitted." under the CGEIT.
    GoodBishop wrote: »
    Today I got another email saying it will be 6 weeks to process - ISACA, make up your mind!
    I got it today. So it was about 2 weeks total wait. Not too bad after all.
    paul78 wrote: »
    I got it today. So it was about 2 weeks total wait. Not too bad after all.
    I've been audited before for my application - so I hope I won't have to do that again. I emphasized that I had 3 of the ISACA certs already - that should put me at a lower risk for a audit.
  • blackholeblackhole Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I checked today and it says .... Application Status:Complete-Under Review any idea after this message how many more days to get final Verdict ?
  • htebazilehtebazile Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I submitted my application for CISA over a month ago, and my status still just says "Application Submitted".

I only started getting impatient this week, but it's making me really question whether I want to take CISM in June.

I'm still on the fence about registering, and I just hope I'll be an official CISA before the registration deadline.
    ~ elizabeth
  • blackholeblackhole Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that on xx March 2012 the CISA Certification Committee approved your application and awarded you the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation.
    I got the mail that they have received my application 3 weeks ago, and i am still waiting
    I've sent my application in paper form with postal mail..
    It says, CISA: Application Submitted and Application Status:Unreviewed in myCertifications tab.

I see from other people that there is another status as "Application Status:Complete-Under Review" and mine is still "Unreviewed".
    I do not understand that. What are they doing since 3 weeks...

I think "Unreviewed" is the first status, then it goes to "Complete-Under Review" and finally they give CISA designation? Is it right?

Then it seems i have to wait more more and more.. icon_sad.gif
    Just got the official email yesterday for the CGEIT, showing that everything is now official. The Isaca Set is complete!
  • htebazilehtebazile Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    .... I guess I was getting impatient too soon, about 4pm EST on Friday afternoon, I received notification that my CISA application was approved. It took about five weeks. I already have my CISSP, but it doesn't seem like that sped anything up.

This weekend I registered for the CISM exam in June.

htebazile wrote: »
    I submitted my application for CISA over a month ago, and my status still just says "Application Submitted".

I only started getting impatient this week, but it's making me really question whether I want to take CISM in June.

I'm still on the fence about registering, and I just hope I'll be an official CISA before the registration deadline.
    ~ elizabeth
    It is now more than 4 weeks and still the status is "unreviewed"

I want it before 20.05.2012 because i'll apply a for a job that i wanted for years, using my degree. icon_sad.gif
    I hope the process do not exceed 8 weeks..
  • just_curiousjust_curious Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did anyone submit the application for CISA anytime soon.??
  • gaurav.kumar@rogers.comgaurav.kumar@rogers.com Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone remember getting an online Application Status: Complete-Under Review? What is the estimated time of getting a formal approval after this status?
    Exam Passed email: August 1st.
    Application submitted: August 10th.
    Automated email received: August 14th.
    Online status: Completed-Under Review- August 28th.
    @gaurav - congrats on passing. To be honest, it never occurred to me to check that ISACA site for a status. I do not know what "Completed-Under Review" means. But I suspect that is good news and you should hopefully get your confirmation soon.
    Thanks Paul. ISACA is apparently pretty good at updating online status. I have my fingers crossed.
  • amolS21amolS21 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone remember getting an online Application Status: Complete-Under Review? What is the estimated time of getting a formal approval after this status?
    Exam Passed email: August 1st.
    Application submitted: August 10th.
    Automated email received: August 14th.
    Online status: Completed-Under Review- August 28th.

Completed-Under Review= The certification agent checked if everything(Completed Application+Application Fee+Transcripts if you are asking for waiver etc) that is required for Committee to review your package is there

Once this stage is done, Application goes to committee members and that could take anytime between 1-6 weeks. Provided they don't find any issue with credentials you provided.
  • jennyclsa2012jennyclsa2012 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I sent my CISA application to certification@isaca.org on 28 Aug 2012. However, I still haven't received any email about receiving my application and no status change at the logon of Isaca site. Do you know how many days I should receive the email that they had received my application? I only received the auto mail about the FAQ questions. Thanks!
    Hi Jenny,

You should hopefully see the status change in a couple of days. There are usually two emails, one in a day or two after the email submission and another one working 4-5 days after. The latter is a more detailed email from Dept: Certification. I guess the delay has to do with the labor day long weekend in North America.
    I still not yet received any notification from ISACA. I had sent a follow-up email on Thurs, but still no reply. I only received an email right after I pressed the button of sending mail from Dept:Certification. Let's see.
    @jenny- if you live in the US, you may want to give them a phone call if you don't hear back by the end of the week. It seems like you should have at least received confirmation that your application was received already.
  • coolz203coolz203 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got my CISA cert approval about 3 weeks after sending in the app. I would call ISACA to see if there is an issue. I called and they said they were missing a page from my faxed app.
    Got the formal approval from ISACA. In total about 5 weeks after sending the application.
    I found the application status is "approved" yesterday. I tried to go to check the status again, but the website has been revamped that I can't check the application status anymore starting from today. Do you guys know how many days to get certified after "approved"? Thanks!
    Hi Jenny - sounds like you are close - I don't actually remember ever seeing a status called "approved". But you should receive an email when you are fully certified. Congratulations in advance.