VMWare Question

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
Hey guys,

Hanging out at VMWorld since last Friday. Overheard a guy talking about this, any reason you can think of changing the way the ports bind?

VMware KB: Choosing a port binding type
-Daniel

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I believe you could startup VM's even if virtual center was down if you used ephemeral port binding. Apart from this, I'd stick with static as ephemeral port binding may lead to oversubscription and the binding is lost through a power cycle.

Read this article yesterday > Port Binding with vSphere 5 - The Foglite
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Essendon wrote: »
    I believe you could startup VM's even if virtual center was down if you used ephemeral port binding. Apart from this, I'd stick with static as ephemeral port binding may lead to oversubscription and the binding is lost through a power cycle.

Read this article yesterday > Port Binding with vSphere 5 - The Foglite

What he said. Critical infrastructure VMs (DC, DNS, DHCP, vCenter, etc) should be ephemeral. All others should be static.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Are you a SF native? The other 3 of us (that did meet up) would have liked a tour guide. ;)
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I guess I am native. From the East Bay actually. My gym is on one side of the Moscone center, and my job on the other side. But I BART in from the east bay.

Not sure I would be a good guide, I HATE San Francisco. Crowds, the homeless, the grime, the crime and the costs. Ugh.
    -Daniel
  • JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    Steve, we dont need a local as our touro guide, they dont know SF as well a we do. Just pour us some vodka and we are good to go for a touro of Metropolis :)
    jokes aside, we would not mind some kind of show and tell of Golden Gates and Fisher's Wharf.
    SteveLord wrote: »
    Are you a SF native? The other 3 of us (that did meet up) would have liked a tour guide. ;)