Options

Cisco PVDM modules

HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have installed 1 PVDM2-8 Module to work with my VIC2-2FXO card and its working fine. The question is, do I need another PVDM2 module if I install a VIC2-FXS card or will it just use the first PVDM2-8 module?
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You should be good - the PVDM2-8 will do 8 analog ports. You'll probably want to add another PVDM if you want to mix in additional conferencing and transcoding though.

(or, just pull the FXO/FXS VICs to play around with conferencing, and put them back when you are done).

Check out the DSP calculator on Cisco.com (requires a CCO login).
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    OK, I got alittle worried when I saw an Extra PVDM2 slot and just figured it was a 1:1 ratio.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    PVDMS's have finally come down in price. Buy as many as you can. I remember paying a few hundred dollars for a PVDM2-32, now you can get a PVDM2-64 for 90 bucks.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related