What do sip providers provide to terminate the connections?

Once you order a trunk what information do they provide to get the sip trunk going.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    They will give you all the information you need to know, IPs etc. If they don't, just ask and they will surely get it to you!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well that was specific lol.. j/k. I wanted to know if they provided anything more besides ip's to get it going on my end.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Specifics will depend on your exact order and the provider which you placed it with. Usually you will get a packet with all the IP address, hand off information, a scheduled tech (if needed) etc to complete the turn up.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Depends. You may just be putting a public IP on your gateway and routing all calls through the internet. The other thing maybe working with a carrier and they hand you a cable. Ask for a Ethernet hand off if available on your device and from there end. You mentioned CME's before. Is this a UC500 system or a ISR router?
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    You may have to buy a Ethernet card is you don't have a spare on the router, or there are a few other solutions which I won't say, because as networker said it depends on what the carrier tells you. Don't fear its not as bad as you think
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    Have you ever worked with Nextiva? As far as adding any cards it wouldn't be an issue we have cisco equipment here so it's a matter of taking it out of inventory.
    I have never heard of them, but this isnt' a true SIP trunk. This is them giving you a IAD and you plug into a VWIC on site.
    Currently Reading

Do you have providers you can recommend?
    I'm going to assume the acronym for IAD is Integrated Access Device. It doesn't seem like thats the case. Actually, went through the live chat with the provider (ask and you shall receive) they said "we will give you the SIP auth details and proxy server info and you install the Trunks on your PBX". In turn I answered my original question.
    If thats the case it looks like its just a connection from you voice gateway. On there site they mentioned giving out IAD. I would still need more details on what they sent you.
    Currently Reading

Yup will keep you updated on my progress. My boss mentioned wanting to add a cisco aironet for the wireless and he using a 7921 wireless phone. Thats just dandy... I know its really off the topic but I heard that the cisco aironet ap's aren't the best have you had any experience with those.
    dmarcisco wrote: »
    Yup will keep you updated on my progress. My boss mentioned wanting to add a cisco aironet for the wireless and he using a 7921 wireless phone. Thats just dandy... I know its really off the topic but I heard that the cisco aironet ap's aren't the best have you had any experience with those.

All of the wireless is actually done by our wireless guy even the phones.
    Currently Reading

How is the qos on the wireless cisco phones? Any echoing or static?
    we dont't have any problem at any of our sites and most of our lans are AutoQos except for the sites with Data centers where we came up with the polices.
    Currently Reading

Oh and you mentioned that on the website they mention providing a IAD I read that but they mean if you have regular analog phone system. Man today has been a long day its been a craptastic day... Hows your day been going Sho?
    1. Studying a Multicast over MPLS VPN for our paging system
    2. UCCX scripting for a language I can't speak
    3. E164 dial plan
    4. Prep work for new cluster overseas
    5. Still find time to do a few tickets.
    6. Look for new clients

Repeat every day, but swap out 1-4 for new projects
    Currently Reading

Actually sounds pretty darn interesting except for the uccx scripting for a language you can't speak sounds like that'll be a pain.
    It can be cool at times, but its also a pain. Right now things are great. I work as a contractor and my current client doesn't ride me. I deliver what they ask for, and we are all happy. I have dealt with other people who would like to treat me as a employee, get me involved in politics, and who look at me and for whatever reason want to pay me pennies.
    Currently Reading

• drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    If they provide a true sip hand off then you would just have it over Ethernet if they provide an iad then you're probably looking at at sip to pri handoff

Either case you'll work with someone for the turn up