CCIE:V Lab

woischwoisch Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

short question? Do i really need a Frame Relay / OSPF network between the HQ, BR1 and BR2 or is it enough if the offices should communicate with each other with different IP subnets?

regards
woisch

Comments

• KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes because of the QoS pieces that play apart of the WAN/LAN and also some inherited troubleshooting pieces that could prop up on during the lab.
  • woischwoisch Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok Thanks. ANd do you know it is sufficient with framerelay between one -> HQ and BR1 for example? And the BR2 CME/CUE is not connected via FR ?
  • skinsFan202skinsFan202 Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    All 3 must be connected to the same WAN. Like Kelkin mentioned, QoS will play a role in this and if you're using CAC RSVP this will also play a role. Keep in mind that the only thing you know for sure in the real lab is that there will be 3 sites. There's no guarantee that BR2 will be CME H.323, it could be MGCP with no CME as well.
    Having a frame-relay cloud that all 3 sites connect to gives you alot of flexiblity when labbing.. I guess by the nature of the questions you looking at cost of lab gear?
  • skinsFan202skinsFan202 Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can get a 3725/3745 series router plus a serial NM-4T module for ~$100 if you search on ebay. Also grab a NM-HD-2VE module and that will take care of your PSTN needs as well all in the same router
    Hi All,

thanks guys.

So i have made a drawing of my actual home LAB. This is all what i have:

What do you think about that and what do you think about the UC520 ? Should i use this or better get a 2811 with CUE Module? (Its very expensive icon_sad.gif ). At the moment i have set up Frame Relay but not yet implement OSPF.

Here are the inventory of the routers:

HQ 2811:
    - WIC-1T
    - PVDM2-16
    - VIC3-2FXS/DID

BR1 2811:
    - WIC-2A/S
    - PVDM2-16
    - VIC3-2FXS/DID

Is this LAB a good start? The only think i can`t test is the ISDN i think?

Regards
    woisch
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Pretty good lab.

You have to find a way to test ISDN, as setting up T1's, E1, number and switch type and how you sent up your translations will be on the test
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    Ok. Thanks.
    Regarding the UC520. I have another 2610XM router with WIC-2T . I have thought i can build this in the Frame Relay cloud and connect the UC520 behind for "CME" / CUE Testings... What you guys think?

Regarding the PSTN Router, i think this is pretty expensive stuff, T1/E1 cards and BRI cards... :-/ Any suggestions?

I think i`m good to go to finish my lab and starting only study. icon_smile.gif
    Nobody any thougts or hints? :)
    I think that would be a fun lab to build up..