scared to face next week

feb4cisspfeb4cissp Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear friends,

used shon 5th edition and ccure as primary resource.

is ccure questions enough for practice test?

Thanks
ken

Comments

• TheGuyTheGuy Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm right there with you man. My exam is scheduled for Sept. 4th, and I have been stressing about it, wondering if I am as prepared as I can be. After reading tons of reviews about the exam and speaking to my already certified friends, I can really only take comfort in knowing everyone seems to feel this way about the exam.

I personally didn't go the Shon Harris route, but I have heard good things about it. I used the Eric Conrad Study guide/Sans training and the eleventh hour book. Since we have no way to mirror the exam structure of the test questions, our best bet is understanding the material and how it relates to how each question is presented.

Having said that, I threw up multiple times this morning and had dreams about cryptography that made no sense at all, lol.
  • feb4cisspfeb4cissp Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    good to know that u r also there with me next week

what practice test did you use?
  • TheGuyTheGuy Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So far just the questions provided by the study guides, and CCCure. I took tomorrow off to have a long weekend of full practice tests and review. My plan is to run through a 250 question test on cccure, then review my two lowest scoring domains, then repeat.
  • emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    TheGuy wrote: »
    Having said that, I threw up multiple times this morning and had dreams about cryptography that made no sense at all, lol.

This is it! This is how you know you're ready! Run with it!
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    feb4cissp wrote: »
    good to know that u r also there with me next week

what practice test did you use?

If you have Shon Harris' book, you should take a look at her practice tests too. I read most of her book and used the practice tests in the 3 months before the exam. I also took a 7-day boot camp, but no way would it have been enough without the previous study. Practice tests are very valuable. If nothing else, having done numerous practice tests will make the real thing just seem like "more work" rather than "the big one" - it takes the edge off actual testing. Al least for me, anyway. Good luck!
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • feb4cisspfeb4cissp Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sorry to mention i used total testers of shon
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    I am in the final days of my prep as well, I'm flying through the CISSP for Dummies book, and then planning on taking practice questions galore. I have the AIO book but so far have only been using it as a source of practice questions. I've been going through the book to the end of chapter questions and just answering the questions without reading the chapter, been scoring average of 75s or so. I have a PrepLogic practice yet engine I will be using once I get the code from the place I bought it from to activate it. I think I have enough questions to take before that happens.

Three books deep (OIG, Conrad, and CISSP for dummies), an online training course and what will amount to be countless questions before I'm done. Will it be enough? We will find out sept 10.