New Member of 682 club

!nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
Got my result....well....it will need another try. Will get there eventually.

icon_sad.gif

Comments

• feb4cisspfeb4cissp Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can you please share your experience..
  • emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    I'm kinda in shock...

Sorry man. You'll get it next time though.
  • !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That is what I am hoping..to get it next time.

Sharing experience, well..once upon a time there was .......and that was a sad ending.

I plan to do a recap of what I felt through the exam, what I think worked and what did not work. Then I will paste it here.

Let me recover..
  • theenigmacodetheenigmacode Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    tough luck mate. Take your time to recover and think about what went wrong but don't give up (I'm sure you won't)
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I've said this before, and people verify that it's true: you have a much higher chance of passing on the second try. Study your three or four worst domains and try again soon. Waiting too long just lets all of that information drain out of you brain cells.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Sorry to hear that but you're so close. I would recommend picking up some pre-recorded seminars or lectures or reading another book to brush up on your weaker domains. I've heard that the CISSP for Dummies book is a good study aid
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    Sorry to hear that but you're so close. I would recommend picking up some pre-recorded seminars or lectures or reading another book to brush up on your weaker domains. I've heard that the CISSP for Dummies book is a good study aid

I am using the CISSP for dummies book right now, the recent 2012 edition. I'm about 6 days reading it and I'm almost done, so it reads fairly fast. I test a week from Monday. I like the book, they use humor in places, so it's a nice change from OIG.

I hope I'm not in the same boat with you with a 600 something score, but if I am, I'll be rocking the aio, the one book I didn't read in all my studies.
  • !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No this 682 is a unique club, it does not need any members, so be positive and go with a fresh mind. Not like many people at my test centre who were reading till the last moment, and I thought,' if I did not know anything by now, it is a bit of wishful thinking to grab the concept now'. So I did not read after I went to bed before the exam. And truly looking back, from what notes I had I am not sure it would have made any difference. I do know my weak point now and will do them better next time.

There is a new AIO due in Nov 2012, Amazon has pre-ordering available. I guess it will be more upto date but, it is still at least 3 months away. Any got a sneak preview?