CCDA Exam Passing score?

Ramair2kRamair2k Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am trying to find the answer to this, but am striking out. Call me dumb, but what is the passing score for the CCDA exam?

Thanks

Comments

• mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    825 i think. not too hard to find online.
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • Ramair2kRamair2k Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I saw 790 as a passing score after looking around further.
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Can't recall what it was when I did mine, but the majority of Cisco exams are in the 750-850 range as a rough guide.
  • MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry guys, but I believe that's violating the NDA. Yeah, I'm not happy about it either.

Apparently the score floats depending on how many people are passing. That's the rumour I've heard, and I'm sure others will have heard similarly and differently.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Yep, sharing the passing score is a violation of the NDA. It seems silly, but they make the rules.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It does break the NDA to share pass marks.

I usually work on the rule of thumb of 800 points, give or take a few on each side, to pass most cisco exams. Besides, exam passing scores can change without notice i believe.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
    BTW: Is the CCDA a tough exam? I have the Cisco Press book, but I could never get through a full read.
    "The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sieff wrote: »
    BTW: Is the CCDA a tough exam? I have the Cisco Press book, but I could never get through a full read.

I was the same. I managed one full read, well its was a pretty forced read! In the end i said stuff it, took the exam and thankfully passed.

The exam itself isnt too tough and is poorly written in areas. i also had to memorise alot of facts, acronyms and figures in prep for it as its all theory based. Overall, i did not enjoy the CCDA and thought it was more of a sales pitch at times. However, the ARCH exam is a much more interesting read! i would def recommend the ARCH but you need the DA to get there.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    The CCDA press book is a bit dry. You may find this one a bit easier to follow:

Top-Down Network Design (3rd Edition): Priscilla Oppenheimer: 9781587202834: Amazon.com: Books
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Sharing passing score = NDA violation.

But I think it's okay to let you know that CCDA exam does not have any simulations. Which might make it easier depending on what kind of learner you are.
    Jack of all trades, master of none