I passed!

RoyalTechRoyalTech Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
Got a score of 848. By the 10th question, I thought I was going to fail the exam but it turned out alright. Of all the certs I've taken so far, this was by far the most stressful for me. I got through it though. WooHoo!

Special thanks to Darril as well as anyone else who helped me get through a couple of comprehension issues I had while studying for this. This site is a Godsend and I consider myself lucky that I found it. A ton of knowledgeable people and everyone's nice unlike other sites that have a bunch of geeks with egos.

Comments

• RyanCorbettRyanCorbett Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats and welcome to the club !
  • KronesKrones Member Posts: 164
    icon_cheers.gif Boom Shakalaka! I just did. Congrats!
    What materials did you use?
    WGU - Security
    Current: Start date Sept 1. Remaining:
    CUV1, BOV1, CJV1, CVV1, KET1, KFT1, DFV1, TPV1, BNC1, RIT1, DHV1, CSV1, COV1, CQV1, CNV1, SBT1, RGT1 Completed:
    AXV1, CPV1, CTV1 Transferred: AGC1, BBC1, LAE1, QBT1, LUT1, GAC1/HHT1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, BVC1, CLC1, WFV1, DJV1
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • RoyalTechRoyalTech Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Krones wrote: »
    icon_cheers.gif Boom Shakalaka! I just did. Congrats!
    What materials did you use?

I used Darril Gibson's study guide and practice tests and watched some of Professor Messer's videos. Other than looking things up on the internet that I wanted to get more in depth with or that I was having trouble with, that was about it.
  • HectorPHectorP Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! that's a great score.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations. I know you put a lot of time on this and it was great to see that you passed. Good luck on your next adventure.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • RoyalTechRoyalTech Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Darril wrote: »
    Congratulations. I know you put a lot of time on this and it was great to see that you passed. Good luck on your next adventure.

I tend to go overboard with this stuff as I'm sure you could tell. I end spending more time on it that is necessary because I want it to be perfect and understand it as well as you do before I take the test when, in reality, that's not going to happen. At least not now.

The test itself was much harder than I expected though as they have changed a number of the questions. At least that's what I read and what the person I know at the testing center told me. Some stuff I don't remember coming across in my reading at all. By the end of the test, I was certain I had failed. Following your advice to just know the concepts and the question won't matter, probably saved me. Also, making sure I read each question completely before I answered it probably helped quite a bit. Everyone who takes the exam, should follow those tips.
  • OmynOmyn Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on a great score! I'm hoping to get my Security+ to finish off my trio later this month. I find myself lost on the internet sometimes as well reading up on various topics that go into extreme detail. It's the level of detail you will never find in the exam but it's still very interesting to read.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congratulations!!!!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!!
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• madisonmillermadisonmiller Banned Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My heartious Congratulations to you for passing the exams. Welcome to the club.
  • al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    Kudos to you!
    What's next bro?
    An SSCP maybe:studyicon_confused.gif??
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
  • 9nine99nine9 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I am scheduled for the 11th. Hopefully Gibson's book gives me similar results.
  • ben2112ben2112 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! I passed mine back in May.. After I finish doing my Citrix certs (required by my company), I am hoping to start in on my CISSP. That is what a lot of the other Engineers have. I used this book full of practice exams and Professor Messer videos.

Good luck on your exam, 9nine9.
  • MJohnsonresMJohnsonres Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    YEAH.... icon_cheers.gif

Security+ is my next goal.
    Are there any quick tip that you found very helpful?

I'll be reading through the Security+ threads looking for helpful morsels, nugget and chewy centers... icon_lol.gif
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    YEAH.... icon_cheers.gif

Security+ is my next goal.
    Are there any quick tip that you found very helpful?

I'll be reading through the Security+ threads looking for helpful morsels, nugget and chewy centers... icon_lol.gif

Honestly? Read Darril's book and take notes. Throughout the book he has little gray boxes of important things, transcribe them word for word AFTER reading them through once. Then read them again later, this forces you through the material at least three times. Worked very well for me. I just used the same technique while reading other books to pass the CISSP.
    Honestly? Read Darril's book and take notes. Throughout the book he has little gray boxes of important things, transcribe them word for word AFTER reading them through once. Then read them again later, this forces you through the material at least three times. Worked very well for me. I just used the same technique while reading other books to pass the CISSP.

That is what I did honestly, passed today. Read through the end of chapter reviews shortly before the test.
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    9nine9 wrote: »
    That is what I did honestly, passed today. Read through the end of chapter reviews shortly before the test.

Good job! Anything in particular on the horizon?
    Good job! Anything in particular on the horizon?

Working towards CCENT/CCNA then SSCP. Taking the day off then reading for CCENT.

Thanks, I am going to try your suggestion.
    9nine9 wrote: »

Congratulations on passing! Thanks for the study tip, I could use some new study tactics! icon_study.gif