suffocatedsuffocated Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□

Comments

• EricOEricO Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The two test process worked for me. The Cisco Press books are more than adequate. The Boson software that is included is awesome as well.
  • chinamanchinaman Inactive Imported Users Posts: 167
    For me it's better to take split exam, why? because if you really want to understand very well how this things work then you have a good foundation.

But if you are just like a wizz kid then take one exam.
  • There are less questions on each exam than on the 1 CCNA exam. I like the 1 exam approach because it gives you more opprotunities to get points since there are a few more questions. However, the 2 exam approach works great too. It doesn't really matter when it comes down to it, except that the 2 exam approach also costs twice as much.
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    There are less questions on each exam than on the 1 CCNA exam. I like the 1 exam approach because it gives you more opprotunities to get points since there are a few more questions. However, the 2 exam approach works great too. It doesn't really matter when it comes down to it, except that the 2 exam approach also costs twice as much.

That would be the down side for me. The cost of two tests vs one. If you are new to all of this, I would say take it slow with the two tests. If you feel comfortable with all of it and have no problems configuring any of the material on an actual device, then I say go for the one exam.

I did the one exam, since it was the only way to go in 2000....but I can also say that the exam now is much more difficult now than it was then.

Which ever way you decide to go, good luck to you. And let us know if you have any questions.

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA