Options

I'm scheduling the Sec+ for December!

BobbyDCBobbyDC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm giving myself plenty of time. If I feel comfortable with the material I might take it at a earlier date.

I have Darril Gibson book, Sec+ 301 and I thought about using CBT or TS. I'm a visual learner so watching videos helps a lot more than reading. I noticed on the CBT Nugget website they are geared for the 2008 edition? Is this the latest? If not are these videos still considered useful or outdated?

If there is anything else you have found to be a great help for this exam, please feel free to let me know. I would love to get this out of the way ASAP.

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    All I read was that you had Darril Gibson's book, and dismissed the rest as noise.

If you can read Darril Gibson's book and get 80% or more on each chapter, and you get a 90% at the end of the book, then I would pretty much say you are ready to take the exam. His style of reading is so good, it will feel like you're watching a video. Anything else is just overkill.

The fact that you have a CCENT will mean you will definitely understand the network portions of this exam.

That's the only tip I have for you to take this exam...trust DG. You don't need videos.
  • Options
    xdilemmaxdilemma Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just subscribed to the CBT Nugget sy0-201 with sy0-301 updates so I'm pretty sure the content is up to date.
  • Options
    itsgonnahappenitsgonnahappen Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Like you, I'm also a visual learner. I'd recommend watching Professor Messer's free videos to get a better understanding of what's going on.