DNS on 7-648?

flex194flex194 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I remember taking the upgrade exam for server 2k to 2k3 and it was at least 50% dns questions. However I don't see DNS listed in the exam objectives, which is surprising.

For anyone has taken the exam was there no dns questions on it?

Comments

• Ch@rl!3m0ngCh@rl!3m0ng Member Posts: 139
    flex194 wrote: »
    I remember taking the upgrade exam for server 2k to 2k3 and it was at least 50% dns questions. However I don't see DNS listed in the exam objectives, which is surprising.

For anyone has taken the exam was there no dns questions on it?

Not taken this as have gone through and done all of the exams. But DNS will be covered under the 642 content.

Exam Topics CoveredExam 70-648 is an upgrade exam that is a composite of two stand-alone exams: 70-640 and 70-642. Exam 70-648 validates skills related to the core technology features and functionality of Windows Server 2008 R2, from the existing knowledge base of a Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) on Windows Server 2003. The key topics for each source exam, plus the percentage of material per topic for each exam, are noted in the following lists. See the "Skills measured" section of this page to learn about the testing objectives of Exam 70-648.

Exam 70-640: TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring

• Configuring Additional Active Directory Server Roles (11 percent)
    • Maintaining the Active Directory Environment (15 percent)
    • Configuring Active Directory Certificate Services (14 percent)
    Exam 70-642: TS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring

• Configuring IP Addressing and Services (24 percent)
    • Configuring Network Access (22 percent)
    • Monitoring and Managing a Network Infrastructure (14 percent)
    Currently reading: Syngress Linux + and code academy website (Java and Python modules)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'
  • netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Expect to know Microsoft dns well and the different ways it can be implemented
  • flex194flex194 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took passed the exam. Not 1 question on DNS. Alot of certificate and nps questions with a few direct access ones.
  • flex194flex194 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Also surprised that there was not one IP-6 question in the entire 60 questions
  • netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I am surprised there was no DNS questions, both the 640 and 642 are heavy with them