"23 IT Certifications That Mean Higher Pay"

There's room for those who want the easy work and those who want the challenges. You will, of course, generally be compensated in proportion to what you shoulder. :smile:
Currently Studying: Anything & Everything/Cisco Networking Academy For CCNA. (on hold)

Comments

• emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    meh. By the time i earn each of those certs something NEW+HOT+FRESH will come out :P.
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Fact that it doesn't have any virtualization certs makes me think it's an old article recycled.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow, terribly formatted article. +1 no Virtulisation
  • kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    If you look at the comments they didnt had PGMP and the writer added it on a fly
    that much thoughts went to that "article"

I agree, this is a recycled list from probably about.com or tumbler or some blog of a guy
    The article is a no brainer, it takes high level (most of them) certifications and tell you, this means more $$$
    guess what? If you make a Phd you will have greater achievements academically than a highschool students!
    bleh article
    meh
  • pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    Whats up with all the Virtualization certifications missing from this list? did the writer forget the armies of virtual people who make stuff work in IT?
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    I think the list is probably fairly accurate. Just because the list does not reflect the popular certifications on this board does not mean they are not valid. I have never known virtualization certs to be particularly profitable. I understand that VCP is challenging; but almost all of the VMWARE professionals I know don't have a virtualization specific certification.
  • Complete_IT_ProfessionalComplete_IT_Professional Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow, yeah, one of the worst formatted articles I've ever seen!
    I struggled to work out what the list was, why it was broken up, and why they are listing the requirements!
    I run CompleteITProfessional.com - a website dedicated to helping IT professionals improve their careers.
  • drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    so i'm going to get one of these certs to increase 8-13% ??
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    PgMP is a relatively new certification. PMI has all of these different certs, and IMO, the CAPM or PMP is still the one to get from them. The risk management one that's mentioned is really a more detailed cert of the risk management portion of the CAPM/PMP exam that focuses on risk management.

The reader of "the top X certifications for Year Y" articles really needs to take those things with a grain of salt. One has to focus on what their interests are in IT and focus on getting an education/cert on that. If you're passion is databases, why study for the CCIE (for example) just because some blogger writes that the CCIE holders get paid $100+ a year?
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I hope if you have a CCIE you get paid more than 100 dollars a year! :P

Gotta agree with you, Erpadmin. If you love something enough, you'll find a way to make the big bucks - if that's sticking your nose into a lot of books to do it. So be it!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Seems this article wouldve applied to IT pros 10 years ago
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    this article is such trailor trash....
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking