Options

Troubleshooting template for helpdesk

neo468neo468 Member Posts: 123
I need to create a template for the helpdesk in quickly resolving common printer problems, before sending the ticket to the technicians. any suggestions, or experience with this?
1's and 0's

Comments

• Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do you mean that you want to create a quick reference guide for common printer problems?

If that is what you are looking for then I may be able to help as I see printer problems that I feel should have been caught by helpdesk personnel on a regular basis.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is your printer turned on?

Is there paper in the printer?

Are any warning lights blinking?

icon_lol.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    ubergeekubergeek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    :D LoL.. that's the script when someone from dell troubleshoots some equipment.. LoL
    Thank you for calling Cisco Technical Assistance Center.. This is Edward how may I help you?
  • Options
    neo468neo468 Member Posts: 123
    Do you mean that you want to create a quick reference guide for common printer problems?

If that is what you are looking for then I may be able to help as I see printer problems that I feel should have been caught by helpdesk personnel on a regular basis.

Yes Silver that is exactly what I am trying to do. The IS team is trying to eliminate some of the calls going to desktop support, by having help desk resolve some of the issues themselves.
    1's and 0's