hypervisor for XenDesktop

ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
what hypervisor do you use for your XenDesktop implementation? XenServer, ESXi, Hyper-V, something else?
Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete

Comments

• ben2112ben2112 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ajs1976 wrote: »
    what hypervisor do you use for your XenDesktop implementation? XenServer, ESXi, Hyper-V, something else?

I have worked with both Xenserver and ESXi. Where I work, we use Xenserver and VMWare. I used Xenserver for my lab when I was studying for my CCA in XD5, but any of those hypervisors will work. Personally, I am a VMWare kind of guy even though I am running Xenserver at home, but that is because I am studying for my CCA in Xenserver 6 to get my CCEE cert. I say use what you are comfortable with.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    XenServer is what we use as it is a lot more cost effective than doing VMware not to mention XenDesktop purportedly performs better on XenServer as well. Plus it helps that I'm a XenServer fan.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thanks for the feedback. Working on MCITP:EA and CCA XenApp 6.5 and trying to figure out if I want to start WGU before or after Christmas. May postpone the CCEE for a while longer.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am going to be honest. Since I have my CCA in XenDesktop, XenServer, XenApp alot more doors have open up and the money is a huge improvement. I have been working with all three products for the last few years and I am really impressed with Citrix. One thing is you need to know Microsoft and Citrix and alot of scripting.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    XenServer for me too, for the implementation you are facing!!!
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts