Taking QoS tomorrow.

NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
We will see whose QoS'ing reigns supreme! :p

I've read the QoS Certification Guide minus the Catalyst chapter, watched the INE videos, and read bits of end-to-end QoS. I feel better prepared than for most exams. But.. I don't know.. so many tools.. so many chapters.. and so new for me. I hope all will be well.

Comments

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I'd wish you luck but I know you won't need it. You're going to knock it out of the park
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Agreed, you won't need it - But I wish you luck
  • HectorPHectorP Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Good luck, I enjoyed taking that exam.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    show em what you got =]
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • superjerelmansuperjerelman Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    BS:IT from WGU.
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Another one bites the dust. :)
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Booo yahhh...let me be the first to tip my hat and offer congrats!
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
    Thanks, vinbuck. :)

Score: 881
    Min Passing Score: 790

86% - IP Qos Fundamentals
    100% - IP QoS Components
    90% - Modular QoS CLI and Auto-QoS
    89% - Classification & Marking
    75% - Congestion Management Methods
    64% - Congestion Avoidance Methods
    86% - Traffic Policing & Shaping
    100% - Link Efficiency Mechanisms
    50% - QoS Best Practices

I only skimmed Cisco Best Practices and 2950 Congestion Management so I'm not surprised I lost points there. A solid performance elsewhere, except for WRED (review time!).

I thought the test was straight-forward, up-to-date, and fair. I caught and reported three errors, but those did not affect which answers were right or wrong. :)
  • DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Nice work. Hopefully I can finish my CCIP as well before the deadline. icon_neutral.gif
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congrats. I knew you'd pass.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats dude!

In regards to the material, does it go into more than the average engineer to know or is it a must have for any engineer?

Im very weak at QoS and are looking to improve. People have mentioned that QoS in the CCIE R&S is only skimmed in comparison to this so im not sure which would be more appropriate for me. i rarely work with QoS but feel i should gain a solid understanding of it, however, the QoS exam maybe overkill for my situation.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    nel wrote: »
    In regards to the material, does it go into more than the average engineer to know or is it a must have for any engineer?
    I wouldn't say the material covered by the exam is essential for an average engineer. Then again, one reason to earn certifications, is to outperform the average engineer! I think the sections on classification, marking, and the interaction between various system queues and default queuing methods are the easiest to put into practice--even if your role doesn't include implementing fancy queuing. I've certainly found ways to apply that knowledge. I also like that I can talk intelligently about single-rate, three-color policers and know when/why shaping would be better. :)
    People have mentioned that QoS in the CCIE R&S is only skimmed in comparison to this so im not sure which would be more appropriate for me. i rarely work with QoS but feel i should gain a solid understanding of it, however, the QoS exam maybe overkill for my situation.
    For me, it was an objective, well-aligned milestone between CCNP and CCIE.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't say the material covered by the exam is essential for an average engineer. Then again, one reason to earn certifications, is to outperform the average engineer! I think the sections on classification, marking, and the interaction between various system queues and default queuing methods are the easiest to put into practice--even if your role doesn't include implementing fancy queuing. I've certainly found ways to apply that knowledge. I also like that I can talk intelligently about single-rate, three-color policers and know when/why shaping would be better. :)

For me, it was an objective, well-aligned milestone between CCNP and CCIE.

thanks for the info dude, again, congrats on the pass and good luck with the IE!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    Gr8 job Veteran, congratulations icon_thumright.gif
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
  • MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats big man!