Options

Have a GSEC practice exam to give away

stardotstarstardotstar Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I recently passed the GSEC certification and would like to share my leftover practice exam from the GIAC Portal with anyone who has a current account there. GIAC encourages giving away unused practice exams and it's a great way to prep for the GSEC certification. I've been lurking on these forums for a while, gathering ideas about how to pursue a security career, so I just wanted to sign up and share the love. :)

Comments

• Options
    iVictoriVictor Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If it is available, I'd like to use it.

Thanks,
    Victor
    This is the Right Time
  • Options
    jay-bjay-b Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you still have any practice exams to give away? I will be taking the GSEC in the next couple of weeks.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    That's the spirit! Thanks for sharing with the TE community.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    ...and dredging up a 15-month-old thread.

When you pay for the GSEC exam you will get two practice exams. Do you really think you need a third?
  • Options
    sorry but didnt mention i failed it my 1st time, so this is actually a retake, and would appreciate a third. Im taking the "challenge" self study.
  • Options
    If you've already taken two practice exams and failed an actual GSEC exam, all you need do is make a study plan based on the summary report for your exam. Re-study all of your zero-to-two-star topics and you should be good to hit the minimum passing score of 74%. When you purchase your GSEC challenge exam you should be given two more GSEC practice exams. Contact GIAC for the official word on this.
  • Options
    thanks thats they study plan so far, and no you dont receive anymore practice exams, you can purchase more for $129 each. I failed with a %72.80 just barely and took all 5hrs.
  • Options
    That's a very close score. It seems the 0-2 star-study-plan is the way to go for you, along with not waiting too long to take the exam again.

Did you go through SANS training or was your first attempt a challenge too? It seems to me the GSEC is very difficult exam to pass for someone that hasn't used the official study materials. You really need to know SANS guidelines and best-practices to get a good (or just passing) score on the GSEC.
  • Options
    Im taking the challenge route, but I do have the 6 books from the bootcamp class. If i dont pass this time around, I may have to attend a bootcamp.
  • Options
    You score was so close I think that you will make it the second time. And for what a GIAC challenge exam costs, it would best if you did!
  • Options
    yes i know its expensive, but work is paying for it and only taking it because there making me, other wise i would take my time with it but I have a deadline of oct 15.
  • Options
    Mandoon2012Mandoon2012 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you still have it, if so can you please share it with me.

thanks
  • Options
    amod123amod123 Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello.. If anyone is giving away GSEC exam, this is something I can use.  Truly appreciate it. thank you