Anyone use BOSON ExamSim?

techgirl321techgirl321 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am practicing with Boson examsim and netsim, also the sybex 5th and an older Exam Cert guide by cisco press.
I am wondering if anyone studied with the Boson ExamSim and if so how they did on the test?

Thanks,
techgirl
----TG----

Comments

• shazzamshazzam Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am with you 'cos I am practising with the Boson exam sims too and am yet to take the exam.

I wonder too if anyone has used it and taken the exam?
    Aim for the moon, if you miss you'll be among the stars!
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    I like them. I have used them on 98% of the Cisco exams I have taken. They are good to help point out the areas that you are weak in.....but, they tend to be easier than the real exam.

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • techgirl321techgirl321 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Really? There are 3 exams that came with it. The first one seems really easy. The second one is not bad, but the third one was harder. I was wondering if the test was more like the third exam or even harder?

I've been studying for about 3 weeks and feel like I have most all the material down. I'm afraid I'm going to be blindsided by different or deeper information when I get to the actual test.

I still have three weeks to go until I take the test and want to make sure I cover everything.
    ----TG----
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    I'm using them for my ICND exam. The version prior to the new ExamSim was pretty easy and didn't seem to me to get updated often.

The new one has been busy with updates lately, and the questions seem to reflect what people here are encountering on the exams-- so this would tell me they're in touch with their audience.

The Boson stuff is less expensive than Transcender, which is another plus. And Boson seems to be mimicking Transcender in that they're putting some harder questions than you'll actually find on the exams. (It used to be with Transcender I could gauge my passing rate early on MCSE exams-- they graded 10% harder than Microsoft-- so while you could flunk the Transcender you could possibly pass the MS Exam.)

Also-- I think it's good to use more than one exam prep tool where possible, even if all you can get your hands on is limited trial editions. Different exam tools will either write the questions differently or look at the answers differently (or both!), and will give you an opportunity to think through the material from different directions.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers