Network Admin

pipe_dreamzpipe_dreamz Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was just wondering what certification, or combination of certifications i need to become a network admin.

I already have my MCSA,MCSE,MCDBA.

Preparing for my CCNA. is it worth it to take any of the network certifications from Camptia if i already have a cisco certification, or vice versa.

Thanks.

Comments

• TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Depending if you have experience will be the factor. Your credentials as far as certifications go are solid IMO. As far as CompTIA goes, I don't think you need any of them except maybe Security+ which is a good overall respected certification from what I have heard.

Good luck.
  • You're set, go admin! If you are looking for a security role try specialiazing your MCSE or get Security+ from CompTIA (which can give you credit for an elective for your MCSE Security specialization).
  • certificationjourney [bancertificationjourney [ban Inactive Imported Users Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You are more than qualified to be an admin. Go job hunting.
  • pipe_dreamzpipe_dreamz Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Best news i've heard so far.... Are you guys just pulling my legs? lol

But seriously though, thanks a lot. I think i might just add security + to it, and then go real job hunting. I need to start making double digits an hour :)
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Yep, get a job. Any job (guessing you are not currently working in IT if your asking if you are 'qualified' to be an Admin).

On paper you have the certs, but as an employer, I'd be leary of what you know in the field and how you work with others (those whinny sales and accounting types icon_twisted.gif ).

Just need to prove you know what you 'know'! You might even need to work as something more entry-level and switch jobs in a about a year to upgrade to a better position.

Good luck!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • pipe_dreamzpipe_dreamz Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yeah well, not that many IT jobs in canada, unless you have a university degree to back it up.

But i will be working on my security and CCNA, then at least with my one yr experience as a techician, i can land a better job.